“I can see the change”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We used to be regulars before the new ownership but now we go very infrequently. It used to be like family and all about generosity; oversized drinks, complimentary bruschetta and olives, plenty of bread , etc. The new ownership has a high turnover of personnel so the familiar feeling is gone. They also have a more spartan approach, not so much in the portions, but in the amenities including the choice of sides. We can see that we aren't the only ones that feel this way since you hardly need a reservation any more. Too bad!

There are newer reviews for Il Compare

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Everything we ordered was presented beautifully and prepared perfectly....I'm thrilled this i wonderful restaurant so close to home!

2  Thank ahjen2
Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Every dinner we have is wonderful. We dine at Il Compare at least once a month. Out last dinner we had in the renovated bar area. Both my husband and I enjoyed out meals very much. He had a steak which was cooked perfectly and I had the chicken Il Compare. Typically I do not order chicken at a restaurant since I cook it often at home but it was wonderful. We finished our night with wonderful lemon sorbet. Definitely going back!

Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

Good food and great service. Many choices at reasonable prices. We came across this place while driving around. We wii definitely be returning.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

We've always enjoyed this restaurant, but it changed hands recently, and the new incarnation is wonderful. The bar is lively, as is the dining room. But the food is what makes it stand out, as does the service. Our group had some fish, some beef, and some pasta, and everything was cooked perfectly. The service was friendly and efficient, and our waitperson knew the wine list well, and recommended things on the menu that were all a hit. I look forward to our next visit!

1  Thank hrb1133