“We all left with such happy memories - and that's no easy task for our family!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Windham
Evergreen at The Thompson House
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Windham
Reviewed July 22, 2010

If you're looking to get away from the demands and stress of everyday life - and, you want to spend fun time with your family - this is the place to be. Put away your cell phones and just enjoy the amenities they offer - very clean rooms, basic and plentiful good food and lots of games and good fun, at a very affordable price. I think I speak for all 23 of my family when I say that we had the best time ever together, and my parents have been on cloud nine ever since - and that's everything.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed February 22, 2010

Had a nice stay there with my two kids. Even after a full day of skiing, my son still had the energy to skate on your rink. Had a nice dinner at the Fondue place down the road and really liked your granola at breakfast the next morning!
Will Metzger

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 13, 2010

Stayed one night to visit Windham Mountain. This hotel has old fashioned charm. Love to stay again when the price is right.

Pros:
- perfect location to visit Windham Mountain, only a few minutes away
- VERY clean room and this is important to me
- booked a junior suite with 2 beds and the room was HUGE (like 2 to 3 times the size of normal hotel room)
- large bathroom with full length mirror
- walk-in closet with mid-size refrigerator and an additional sink which is very handy for a family of 4
- free continental breakfast (bagel, muffins, English muffins, instant oatmeal, yogurt, cereal, granola, coffee, tea and hot chocolate). The coffee was hot and good. It was very nice and relax to have breakfast either in front of real fire place or facing the window with gorgeous mountain view.
- small ice skate rink but did not have a chance to use it
- staff are very friendly
- has menu of nearby restaurants
- 4 set of thick towels for our family of 4
- even 4 bars of soap for our family of 4!!!!!! (I don't even get this at Grand Hyatt)
- 4 pieces of chocolate - very nice

Nothing to complain but would suggest the following amenities:
- hot breakfast. I always look forward to have eggs on vacation and my husband looks forward to have hot oatmeal, especially in winter.....
- microwave

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2009

This place is great for anything... from when i walked in to when i walked out. The owners are so nice and are willing to do anything for you. I have been going there since i was little and they always have something new every year. whether it was a new game, building or even new staff they always had something that would bring you back. Other than that the place is well put together with great location on the mountains. You can have a great walk around the huge property or just sit and relax right at a pool.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 30, 2009

I return to the Thompson House year after year and never once have I been disappointed by the traditional elegance and beauty of the buildings and the grounds itself. The Goettsche family are generous and welcoming to the point where they make you feel as if you are a part of their extended family. Every year I stay at the Evergreen building which provides breathtaking views of Windham ski mountain and the golf course. The rooms are comfortable and old fashioned which make the family run establishment seem even more traditional and relaxing. At the Thompson House you are taking a vacation in a beautiful location that provides family suited fun for all ages. Every year I leave the Thompson House feeling relaxed and rejuvenated from spending my days exploring nature, being with family and friends, and enjoying the service of truly warm hearted and caring hosts. I would recommend this place to everyone and anyone.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank jewliebebe
Reviewed February 26, 2009

I paid for 4 days and ended up having to leave after 3 days for a business emergency. I asked if I could get a refund for the 1 day as the resort was booked and back logged and they would certainly have no loss. They said that they would give me a refund but that my notice was too short, the maids had gone home and they couldn't possibly rent for that night. I resolved my business issue on the ride home and was able to turn around and drive back for that night knowing that they had said I could not have a refund and that the room could not be rented as there were no maids to clean the room.
They lied !!!! Liars Liars had rented the room and would only give me a credit to use the room over a 3 week window when I couldn't possibly return. They are Bums and Liars but other than that they are nice people and breakfast in the main lodge is fairly good.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank ThompsonSucks
TheThompsonHouse, Owner at Evergreen at The Thompson House, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2009

We are certainly thankful Trip Advisor allows resort owners the opportunity to respond to reviews from prior guests. Since we are a relatively small family run resort we do rely heavily on our guest's satisfaction and their "word of mouth" referrals. We also believe we need to respond to guest's reviews that contain many inaccuracies - like the one posted above.
First, we would like people to know our reservation/deposit policy which is posted on our correspondence which states: "... If guests arrives after confirmed date of arrival or departs prior to final date of reservation, deposit will be forfeited...". During holiday periods and over weekends we do have to be stricter with our policy. We realize there are situations that if we know about in advance, do take into consideration as a courtesy to our guests. However, when a guest departs after the checkout time, we figure they had had enough skiing and decided to head out. In this particular case we were not made aware of any "business emergency" until a phone conversation a few hours later. We (my wife & I) decided under these circumstances, to allow a credit for one night that could be used up to the end of our ski season, April 5th. Since it was mid February, that gave them 7 weeks till we close- not the 3 weeks as stated. Their first return to use the credit was to be at the end of February and then that was changed to later this season. The spring skiing is still great and we are still holding a room for them.

Reviewed February 27, 2008

“The Evergreen” at The Thompson House, is a charming, cozy, wonderful getaway with a country inn atmosphere that has all the amenities!
The continental breakfast caters to even the pickiest eater; from cereals and bagels to homemade breakfast breads and granola! Although Ski Windham is a convenient mile away, a door to door shuttle was provided. Our Jacuzzi suite was clean, luxurious and spacious and an ideal place to soothe tired muscles, relax and unwind. After a great day, the kids still had energy so they headed out on the spacious grounds to sleigh ride and ice skate (sleds and skates were available at no charge). The adults opted for some downtime and relaxed with a glass of wine in front of the fireplace in the charming lobby. Nearby locally owned restaurants offer impressive menus from pizza to dinners prepared by Culinary graduates! Wireless internet service, beautiful views of the ski area and the peaceful golf course, friendly and accommodating hosts; it doesn’t get better than this! Our whole family is looking forward to return visits!

• Stayed: January 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank TKBB
Also consider these accommodations in or near Windham
Hotel Vienna
The Woodstock Inn on the Millstream
Catskill Lodge
Catskill Lodge
#1 of 8 in Windham

Been to Evergreen at The Thompson House? Share your experiences!