Evergreen at The Thompson House
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Windham
See available hotels
Hotel Vienna(Windham)
Xenia Resort(Hunter)
  • Beachfront
View Hotel
All reviewshomemade granolathompson housecontinental breakfastski gearski areacloset areasmall refrigeratorjacuzzi suitefull length mirrorminute drivediscounted lift ticketsenjoyed our stayamenitiesskiersskiingkurtpillows
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Best thing about this hotel is not the hotel, it's the view : a snow covered golf course from the balcony, a beautiful creek from the front walkway, and especially my three favorite ski slopes of Windham Mountain from the table in the lobby. It is also a friendly, comfortable place. They were also very accommodating to us during our recent stay. When we had to leave early because of an impending storm, they did not charge us for the night we gave up.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We loved our stay at the Evergreens. The people are very nice and will help you in any way they can with your ski vacation - it was our first. Our room was huge, and very well kept. Things are not brand new, but you don't get the feeling that they should be renovated soon.
The continental breakfast offered is OK, but they could offer more options.

Room Tip: Our room was the "Jacuzzi" room. It is huge, and easiliy accomodates a couple with two small kids.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 31, 2013

I picked this hotel because of its proximity to Windham mountain (my husband and I are skiers) and due to the fact that they offered deeply discounted lift tickets with a night's stay. I had seen previous reviews and since my biggest concern in any hotel is cleanliness, Evergreen was spot on! Everything was very clean and though the decor is more homey than a more modern hotel, it did not look particularly dated and there was a nice flat-screen television in our room. The lobby area is adorable, and had we been staying for more than one night, I'm sure I would have loved relaxing there. The morning coffee was great and we were able to bring and store our own food in the refrigerator in our room. The manager who I was in touch with, Kurt, was very friendly and accommodating since my husband and I arrived on Christmas Eve and we were not sure if anyone would be available at the desk when we arrived, but it was no problem at all. We even ran into over an hour's worth of traffic en route due to icy conditions, and the desk clerk, Eric, stayed up until we arrived and welcomed us warmly. I would certainly stay at the Evergreen again if I am in the area!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PninaG
Reviewed April 1, 2013

price for ski instructors can't be beat in the area. rooms are huge and in good shape. quite comfortable. eric the manager is a great guy. decent continental breakfast with yogurt, breads, coffee, oatmeal, etc. great lounge. can't imagine staying any other place.

Room Tip: no elevators, so if you have lots of luggage ask for a ground floor.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Cathy M
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I've stayed at several lodgings in the Windham area and Thompson House is by far the best, It has the nicest rooms with multiple chairs/sofa (in my deluxe room) very comfy beds, multiple electric outlets for charging stuff, great lighting and nice amenities like an executive mini-fridge. Everything looks new and in great condition. There's a nice large flat screen tv with many cable channels and, outside, the property is very attractive. You're served a decent continental breakfast, and for skiers they offer nicely discounted Windham or Hunter tiks. Highly recommend over any of its competitors in the area, most of which I've tried.

Room Tip: 2nd floor deluxe looking west towards the mountains.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo