The hosts of the hotel definitely did their best to keep us happy. Indeed, it was personal service which was wonderful and made us feel welcome. It was nice to have such a nice hot breakfast that was served to us. The quality of the food were reasonably good. We also ate at one of their dinners. I tend to like brand new places to stay at, so keep that in mind as I say that I was not too fond about the state of the rooms. The furniture and decor were old and I found the rooms to be quite musty. But the size of our room was generous and comfortable. The grounds are beautiful. The rooms had definite character. I found the cost of the hotel a bit on the higher side in comparison to what you could get in other other hotels. I understand that their costs of running the hotel would be high and they did offer a fair amount, but for the price we paid I would have appreciated a fresher room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For over seven generations, families and groups have joined us for traditional hospitality and wholesome entertainment here in this northern Catskill Mountain resort. Located in the beautiful town of Windham, NY, The Thompson House is the ideal place for any type of getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Thompson House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Thompson House Hotel Windham
- Thompson Hotel Windham
- The Thompson Hotel
- The Thompson House Windham, NY - Catskill Region