The husband and wife team at the Thompson House should be commended for their care and concern for their guests and others. We were in Windham, NY the day after Irene damaged Windham. We were staying at the Thompson House at the time. We were told to evacuate the hotel because the flood waters were getting very close. We evacuated to a local church. The owners of the Thompson House brought over enough food and drinks to feed about 100 people. When the flood waters resided they allowed us to come back to the hotel and spend the night. There wasn't any electricity so we had a fabulous candlelight dinner. I just love these 2 special people. The hotel is lovely. The food was delicious. Kudos to Thompson House owners and staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For over seven generations, families and groups have joined us for traditional hospitality and wholesome entertainment here in this northern Catskill Mountain resort. Located in the beautiful town of Windham, NY, The Thompson House is the ideal place for any type of getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda and Despegar.com so you can book your The Thompson House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Thompson House Hotel Windham
- Thompson Hotel Windham
- The Thompson Hotel
- The Thompson House Windham, NY - Catskill Region