We are two women in our twenties who were at Albergo Aug11-13th 2006 for just a weekend away from our regular lives. I was impressed when we drove into the property because it was a beautiful victorian house well decorated and landscaped.
Inside- the check in window was directly on the left hand side. I thought that the telephone paging system was a bit odd but then I realized that the house was rather large and the inn keepers could very well be anywhere in the house and the paging system made sense. Lenore- the owner showed us around the house- which was absolutely beautiful and elegant yet still comfy feeling. There was a lot of attention to detail. We loved the selection of teas and coffees that they had available at all times and the cakes and jars of cookies that they also have out for their guests. They have a desk filled with nearby restaurant menus and a binder with comment about the restaurants from previous people who have stayed at the inn- a HUGE help.
We were in the August room- which was a good size for 2 people. We also had a catherdral ceiling, ceiling fan and stained glass windows which were very nice. It was sweet and romantic- except that we weren't there with our men! The inn was completely booked the weekend that we went but we hardly heard any noise from the hall and the common areas (nice for chats with tea) were never full. We also took full advantage of the video collection they have as well as their library and massage chair.
Yvette- one of the innkeepers- was a big help to us. She is very friendly and helped us find good hiking areas nearby. She was also our "waitress" for breakfast- which was really great. They had 4 choices for breakfast each morning- the first day was blueberry pancakes, a veggie fritata, an omlette or eggs any way you want them with sausage. The giant fruit salad looked really good too. The meal lasted us through our 5 hour hiking/kayaking during the day! We came back to the inn to find ourselves in the middle of afternoon tea time- with carrot cake, keylime cheese cake, more teas and coffees that hit the spot!
I was sad to have to go. It was a good place for a relaxing stay- but it was the friendly and helpful staff here that really made it a great stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Warm Hospitality & Cool Amenities--Albergo Allegria Bed & Breakfast Hotel is set atop the Northern Catskill Mountains where outdoor adventure abounds. The 21 guest rooms boast modern amenities and the grounds offer relaxation-- whether by the fire pit complete with S'Mores, the Batavia Kill Creek that runs through the property, or the extensive farm to table garden. Just steps from the door, guests will trek The Windham Path, a 2 mile crushed-stone trail through pristine nature. The 24 hour guest pantry is among the guest favorites that's stocked with made-from-scratch-cookies, locally roasted coffee, and beverages. Italian for the "Inn of Happiness", Albergo Allegria shines its brightest through its unparalleled breakfast, just check out the reviews! Added Value: In addition to the pre-mentioned deliciousness that's included in the rates, each of the guestrooms are complete with modern amenities including private baths, dream worthy beds, flat screen TV's, HDTV/DVD--included are 2500+ DVD's to choose from! For seekers of romantic indulgence, Albergo Allegria features luxury suites with king size beds, whirlpools, fireplaces, and plenty of space to romp around. Hospitality of a bed and breakfast, and all the conveniences of a world class hotel create an ideal setting that's filled with character and history so you can fully enjoy your time away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotwire and Priceline so you can book your Albergo Allegria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albergo Allegria Hotel Windham
- Albergo Allegria Windham, NY - Catskill Region