All reviewscookiesthe kitchencarriage housebaked goodsmy husband and ispring waterfrittataprivate porchbed and breakfasttea and coffeebreakfast was amazingpancakesowners and staffdvd libraryfire piteach morningfresh fruit
Reviewed November 11, 2009

The "Spring Room" with its private porch and whirlpool tub is just delightful, we liked it so much when we visited in May that we came back again in September! Breakfast is excellent, served in a spacious yet cozy dining room (with the largest tea selection I have ever seen!) Staff is friendly and accommodating. Although a large bed & breakfast -with a full house both holiday weekends- it never felt crowded and we always had privacy. Beautiful surroundings, but not too many restaurant options in the immediate area, though the German restaurant next door is delicious; other restaurants are a long walk or short car ride away.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 8, 2009

This is without a doubt a true gem of a B&B, a great value. The entire place was first rate with a warm welcoming ambiance. The rooms were cozy, suberb staff, a lot of good freebees, and a lot of good local places to get a fine dinner. Nice location...far enough away from a major city, but not too remote to make you feel isolated, with great local scenery. This place is definitely a "highly recommend" in my book and I would certainly go back.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 2, 2009

I had the pleasure of staying at Albergo Allegria this past weekend with my girlfriend to celebrate our anniversary. After shopping around at many B&Bs I couldn't help but notice all of the great reviews this one got and ultimately I booked Albergo Allergria based solely on the reviews. Let me tell you the reviews are dead-on.

We stayed in the Millenium Suite. Everything was in order when we checked in, the room was nice and clean and the inn keeper gave me the tour of the room and showed us how to use the fireplace, hot tub, etc. I couldn't help but feel soo welcomed in, it felt like I was staying with family. The entire facility is warm and inviting, everything very clean and in its proper place. From the freshly baked cookies in the kitchen, to the nice (and inexpensive) selection of wine, to one of the best breakfasts I've had in a while everything was in order here.

I am generally a tough critic, and can find something to complain about or even something that can use improvement but after this weekend I left with not one bad thing to write about. Perhaps the only thing that comes to mind was that I had to return home and couldn't stay longer! Hats off to the management at this B&B, and I look forward to my next stay.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KL80
Reviewed October 11, 2009

The inn is the perfect blend of antique charm and modern amenities. The staff and hosts' thoughtful attention to tasteful detail, from the interior of the room to the delicious and heartwarming breakfasts, were thoroughly enjoyed and appreciated. Pairing 2 nights with a massage table in the room, a quaint autumn town fair, and a wonderful dinner at Vesuvio's was a combination that made for a very nice romantic weekend.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Spectraldec
Reviewed September 21, 2009

Staying at the Albergo Allegria was just delightful! The room was quaint and lovely, yet had every amenity we could hope for. The Innkeepers were extremely nice and made us feel right at home. The breakfast was much more than you would expect at a B&B and included all kinds of gourmet goodies! The smell of home made cookies baking in the oven made you forget about any plans you might have had for dieting!! The kitchen was even open at night in case we wanted a snack!! The only downside to this hotel was the sulfur water. It did have an odor and was hard to lather in the shower. However, it will definitely not prevent us from going back............and hopefully, soon!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple