We are not, generally, great fans of B&Bs, but Albergo Allegria is a place we'd happily revisit. This is partially because this property, with more than twenty units, is really somewhere between a B&B and a small hotel or inn, but also because it is a very well maintained and run property with Victorian charm but modern amenities, which manages to maintain B&B friendliness without cloying bonhomie. Its grounds are very well maintained and attractively planted, and this scenic area is an excellent location for all sorts of outdoor activities.
Our room, #6, "June", was one of their mid-grade "Charming Rooms". It was adequate size for a couple, but not large; closet and drawer space were limited. The bathroom, well-equipped with excellent plumbing, was small. (Our friends' "Requested Room", one grade up from ours, was a very comfortable size for a couple.) Both rooms were very clean and well-maintained. One should mention that the property's water supply is somewhat sulfurous; the odor might be more offensive to some than we found it. (The property does supply non-sulfurous drinking water.) This is the only negative criticism we found in another's review with which we concur. Frankly, though, negative critcism of the inn's service simply was not consistent with our experience.
Breakfasts were excellent in quality and variety, with juice, breads and muffins, cereals, yougurts, and fruit served buffet-style, and waitress service for cooked items, including a changing variety of appealing specialty egg and pancake dishes and breakfast meats. We were, though, surprised and disappointed that no reduced-, low-, or non-fat milk was available; we bought our own and kept it in the available guest refrigerator in the "pantry".
The pantry should be mentioned as a useful and pleasant feature of the inn; open at all times except during breakfast service, it provides complimentary cold drinks, a water-cooler, cookies, and a huge variety of teas and coffees, as well as refrigerator and freezer space for guests' own supplies.
We found prices to be quite reasonable, especially considering the very accommodating service and high level of maintainance of the property.
We would certainly recommend the Albergo Allegria to friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Warm Hospitality & Cool Amenities--Albergo Allegria Bed & Breakfast Hotel is set atop the Northern Catskill Mountains where outdoor adventure abounds. The 21 guest rooms boast modern amenities and the grounds offer relaxation-- whether by the fire pit complete with S'Mores, the Batavia Kill Creek that runs through the property, or the extensive farm to table garden. Just steps from the door, guests will trek The Windham Path, a 2 mile crushed-stone trail through pristine nature. The 24 hour guest pantry is among the guest favorites that's stocked with made-from-scratch-cookies, locally roasted coffee, and beverages. Italian for the "Inn of Happiness", Albergo Allegria shines its brightest through its unparalleled breakfast, just check out the reviews! Added Value: In addition to the pre-mentioned deliciousness that's included in the rates, each of the guestrooms are complete with modern amenities including private baths, dream worthy beds, flat screen TV's, HDTV/DVD--included are 2500+ DVD's to choose from! For seekers of romantic indulgence, Albergo Allegria features luxury suites with king size beds, whirlpools, fireplaces, and plenty of space to romp around. Hospitality of a bed and breakfast, and all the conveniences of a world class hotel create an ideal setting that's filled with character and history so you can fully enjoy your time away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Hotwire so you can book your Albergo Allegria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albergo Allegria Hotel Windham
- Albergo Allegria Windham, NY - Catskill Region