All reviewscookiesthe kitchencarriage housebaked goodsmy husband and ispring waterfrittataprivate porchbed and breakfasttea and coffeebreakfast was amazingpancakesowners and staffdvd libraryfire piteach morningfresh fruit
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I must say, this place is truly AMAZING! I decided to book 2 nights here as a surprise for my girlfriend's birthday, I added a note that it was for her birthday and little did I know I was also in for a surprise.
We checked in late (10pm) and they were very helpful with giving us directions to our room, my girlfriend commented that it smelled like donuts (in a good way). The following morning we went downstairs for breakfast and her comment was answered... a choice for their daily special was apple cinnamon pancakes (all me) and my girlfriend ordered one of their many omlettes. By the way, their breakfast specials change on a daily basis and will make the best of anyone indecisive. An added charm, they made her a pancake with "Happy Birthday" written in powdered sugar, and she almost refused to eat it because she didn't want to ruin it.
After getting some very useful and scenic recommendations for daily activities and eateries in the area we set off for our fun in the sun (Definitely check out Kaaterskill falls if you enjoy beautiful scenery). We arrived later in the afternoon and surprised again by the stone sign at the front door that read "Happy Birthday Angelica" that was the moment that I decided this is the place to return to whenever we want to stay in the area. The following morning I had a Belgian waffle and she had another omlette of a different veriety.
The food is delicious, rooms are very comfortable & clean, and everyone there is warming. When you have a few minutes during your stay make sure you check out the river near the parking lot, there's a couple of benches that overlook it, again.. amazing. We love it here and will recommend everyone to do the same.

Added note, the fluffy "guard" dog tied up outside is completely harmless and adorable, and there is also a gift shop in case you want to take a piece of happiness home with you. I love the coffee mugs; local and hand made.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chris B
Reviewed September 22, 2013

This was the first time my boyfriend and I have stayed at a Bed and Breakfast. we wanted privacy so we stayed in one of the carriage houses. total privacy quiet at all times. best room I have ever stayed in. very clean, the bathroom was bigger than my boyfriend's studio. the room was so cozy and comfortable. the service was out of this world. you never went without anything that you needed. the staff were always available but yet we had our wanted privacy.The breakfast was the best I have ever had at a hotel or restaurant. I wanted to take the cook home with me.I am on a nut free/gluten free diet and they catered to my needs. Every morning they made homemade gluten free muffins for me.The food is all fresh, organic, and the fruits, veggies, and herbs are taken from the garden which was outside our room. At afternoon tea I couldn't have the cookies so they made me a chocolate gluten free muffin.The tea selection is enormous with a lot of caffeine-free, organic teas.We will be going back during ski- season. I highly recommend Albergo Allegria if you are looking for exceptional service and accomodations.

Room Tip: look at the pictures on line to pick the room which is best for you.the carriage house rooms are great because they have private entrances
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We stayed in the Master suite for a date night getaway. As usual, we have been guests here before, we were welcomed by the Inn keeper, met with warmth, smiles, and comfort concerns for our stay. The master sweet was more than expected. Great climate control, comfortable, cozy bed, and very spacious.
The hospitality was awesome. Staff was caring and very pleasant. Love the feeling that you can go about the B & B and help yourself to snack or beverage in the kitchen or sitting/lounge area.
Very relaxing and decompressing from the daily rat race. Felt like we were hours away in the mountains. Recommend the Windham Golf Course for lunch and a round. Less than a mile from the B & B.
We will be back in the fall! Keep this one on your favorite list to visit. Thank you to the owners for personally visiting our table at breakfast. Great customer service and personal touch.

Brett and Kimberly
Athens, NY

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed a 2 night stay Aug. 24 and 25 2013. If you are looking for quality, comfort and a relaxed welcoming atmosphere, this is the place to stay. it truly lives up to it's high rating. The owners are very caring and dedicated and their attention to detail comes across in all aspects of your stay. It felt safe, the food was wonderful, the staff were kind and attentive. If a problem came up it was attended to right away and we left feeling relaxed and looking forward to our return in the future.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ReadingFishingdad
Reviewed August 26, 2013

My husband and I spent our 10th wedding anniversary at Albergo Allegria in August 2012, and it was amazing - so amazing that more than a year later, I want to make my first posting on Trip Advisor about how terrific this place truly is. Everything about the experience was lovely. We stayed in Room 18, Wild Clover, which was impeccably clean and comfortable. The food was delicious, thoughtfully prepared, and plentiful. We genuinely looked forward to waking up each morning to discover what tasty treats Chef Vito was inspired to create. When Marianna learned that we were celebrating our anniversary, she surprised us with extra special touches (a message for us on the welcome rock and a little basket of local goodies) that made us feel truly special and part of the family. Forever Albergo Allegria, the "Inn of Happiness", will have a special place in our hearts.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple