We entered the B&B with little expectations. We had just stayed in another local B&B and were not impressed. Once at AA, the innkeeper, Mary Anna, gave us a tour and before we knew what it cost, we were ready to pay. The room, with vaulted ceiling, stained glass window trim, large flat screen TV, spacious bathroom and usual hotel amenities was more perfect for us. Then she showed us the dining room and kitchen where we could "help ourselves" to tea, coffee, espresso and cookies at any time of the day. Fresh baked snacks served daily from 4 to 6. Choose from hundreds of DVD's. Enjoy the living room and fireplace. Play chess or other games. Back to the front desk and she handed us a map, highlighting her favorite nearby hikes, including the famous Kaaterskill Falls, historical features on the way and a few lunch options. Out back, they had a fire pit, lit upon request where we later enjoyed smores (with oversized marshmallows). There are lots of things to do in the area, and my sweetheart and I would have been content staying at the AA the whole time. Family owned and operated with a tradition of true hospitality and charm. Even the mugs are handmade. If returning to Windham, we will not bother shopping around for another B&B. Albergo is perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Albergo Allegria Bed & Breakfast Hotel is nestled in the Northern Catskill Mountains offering tranquility with modern amenities in a quaint small-town setting. We combine the relaxation and hospitality of a bed and breakfast, and add in all of the conveniences of a world class hotel to create an ideal setting filled with character and history so you can fully enjoy your time away from home. Albergo Allegria offers the grace and repose of another century. The architectural and decorative theme that the innkeepers, Vito and Lenore Radelich, have endeavored to preserve throughout this sprawling bed & breakfast hotel is that of a welcoming Queen Anne Victorian country home. Relish in a restful night's sleep in one of the Inn's 21 well appointed, comfortable guestrooms - complete with private baths, dream worthy beds, flat screen TV's, HDTV/DVD, and modern amenities. For seekers of romantic indulgence, Albergo Allegria features luxury suites with a whirlpool and gas-log fireplace. Wake to the delicious aromas of a hearty gourmet breakfast made from fresh, local ingredients. Step outside the inn's front door and enjoy a wide variety of all-season activities from skiing, snowboarding, and ice skating in the winter, to horseback riding and zip-lining year round. Your complete satisfaction is our top priority. Our friendly and welcoming staff is here we pay close attention to detail in order to give you the most calming stay in our 4 diamond award winning bed and breakfast hotel. Come to us to experience Albergo Allegra, the "Inn of Happiness." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Albergo Allegria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albergo Allegria Hotel Windham
- Albergo Allegria Windham, NY - Catskill Region