“Best Weekend Trip”

Ranked #4 of 10 Windham B&B and Inns
New York
“Best Weekend Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2009

A group of my friends rented all the the rooms in the Catskill Lodge for a weekend and had so much fun. There's so much to do and actually the accomodations are by far the best out of any B&B I've ever stayed out. There's a great restaurant/bar around the block which was perfect for evening entertainment. If you can get a group together to rent the entire place I would comletely recommend it though I would be perfectly happy just renting a single room for another kind of trip as well.

Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2009

My wife and I stayed here for three nights while skiing at Windham Mountain. The B&B was very cozy and felt like home. The place was clean and had all the amenities we needed and more. David, the innkeeper, was welcoming and was always helpful in giving directions, making restaurant recommendations, etc. We will definitely stay there again if we are in the area. We are from Arkansas and we enjoyed meeting the other guests; some from Connecticut and some from Pennsylvania. David's breakfast each morning was delicious. Always plenty of food and variety. We truly missed having breakfast the last morning due to needing to leave early to catch our train.

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Disliked — No cell phone service
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
New York City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2008

I stayed alone at this beautiful, cozy, relaxing b&b a week ago- and still can't get over the feeling. I took the hunter- A small room with shared fantastic bathroom (Although I didn't share it since there was no one staying at the other room). Was welcomed in by David - a wonderful quiet guy who let me check in before since I got there by bus (Bus stops 2 minute walk from the lodge). The breakfast was great, the relaxing fireplace, and the special inviting porches kept reminding me I'm outside the city. The service was great- always felt I got more than I should. The living room has a DVD projector who became very useful on cold nights. Overall I have to say I wish I could pack my little west village apt. and move there. Was very hard for me to leave, but will defiantly come back - next time with backup.

• Liked — The warm cozy feel this vila had
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled solo
New York, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2008

I recently spent 2 nights at the Catskill Lodge and really enjoyed it! Everything you've read in the glowing reviews is true - the innkeepers (David and Jim) are really helpful and welcoming and the accommodations were quite comfortable. David helped us a number of times with directions and suggestions of things to do. The atmosphere at the b&b is really homey. I was there for a Saturday night when David and Jim hosted a wine and cheese hour for the guests. It was a nice way to relax and meet some fellow travelers and get to know the innkeepers. The house itself has a lot of character and charm, as do all of the guest rooms. We stayed in the Windham on the first floor - our room was spacious enough for 2, had an ensuite bathroom, double bed (maybe a little too firm) and a flatscreen tv/dvd combo. The common areas offer some nice amenities as well - boardgames, a laptop with internet, a large collection of DVDs and a projection screen to watch them on. Breakfasts were hearty and delicious, consisting of your traditional American breakfast fair. All in all, I would definitely recommend staying at this b&b if you're looking for a cozy place to stay during your visit to the Catskills!

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2008

My wife and I stay in the Catskill Suite on 8-24 & 8-25. This was our first time at a Bed & Breakfast and it was great. Dave came out to met us at the car and offered help with the bags. He walk us into the house explaining the rooms and where to locate everything. Everytime we came down he would come to see if we needed anything. Breakfast was great and made when you sat down. Dave's reconmendations for a place for dinner were excellent. We will be going back from time to time. Check in and check out was a snap. Great job Dave!!

• Liked — Clean lots of room
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2008

Our little Danish family had the most pleasant stay in this beautyfull spot in Catskill Mountains. The service and atmosphere was exellent especially the nice company of the hosts and not least Davids fantastic breakfasts. We and our kids will have a lifelong memory of this our first meeting with USA.

• Liked — Location and atmosphere
  • Disliked — Har to find
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2008

My wife and I stayed at the Catskill Lodge the third week of July and we did not want to leave. Aaron, Adam and Dan went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable and relaxing. We were greeted with a bottle of wine upon our arrival and enjoyed spending time with the innkeepers. These guys are personable, friendly, and accomodating. Great food, drink, and atmosphere are easily found all around Windham, with great options well within walking distance. The Victorian style lodge is so inviting, you will not want to leave it. We will be visiting again during ski season.

Stayed July 2008
Also consider these accommodations in or near Windham
Hotel Vienna
#2 of 10 in Windham
Cuomo's Cove
Cuomo's Cove
#3 of 10 in Windham

Been to Catskill Lodge? Share your experiences!