“Beautiful Weekend Away”

Ranked #2 of 8 Windham B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Beautiful Weekend Away”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

My boyfriend and I came to Catskill Lodge for his birthday and had an absolutely amazing experience. We received very clear directions on how to check ourselves in at night and had access to restaurant/activity recommendations right away even though it was 10:00pm! We woke both mornings to amazing big breakfasts of eggs, bacon/sausage, & french toast/pancakes with fresh coffee and orange juice. Kellee and Mike had great recommendations on what else to do in the area. We had already planned a ziplining tour with New York Zipline Adventure Tours (which was amazing!) and they told us about different hiking and restaurant options in town. We were also able to use the hottub which was very well kept, new and clean. Everyone staying at the B&B were also kind and provided for fun conversation at the breakfast table. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Windham which was a very nice room and perfect for just the two of us. It has it...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 29, 2012

The catskill lodge is the perfect escape from the city. An easy three hour bus ride from NYC and you find yourself in some beautiful mountains. The room we stayed in (Delaware) is perfect for a couple getaway: spacious, with a private entrance and a cute bathroom. Like most of the other review before we have to praise the delicious breakfast and very good service. The staff is also very knowledgeable about the area and gave wonderful tips on fun activities.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I booked my room and then called to confirm 2 days in advance to MAKE SURE that they would be open during hurricane Sandy. I am in an RV and needed a safer place to stay for 2 nights. They told me that they would be open unless the power went out BEFORE I checked in.
So, today, on my way there; 2 1/2 hours before my checkin time they called and said,
"I know that this is last minute, and there are no power outages, but we've decided to close for the next few days anyway......Sorry"
So there I was with nowhere to go. Thank you very much. I drove around for a while, stopping at hotels that had no vacancies or were closed. I finally found a dump with a room in the back out by the garbage dumpster....but it was the last open room, so I had to take it and pay the premium price. BECAUSE EVERYBODY ELSE GOT TO BOOK IN ADVANCE, LIKE I THOUGHT I HAD.
Thanks again, I will never book at your place and neither will anybody I ever talk to.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
acmill99, Manager at Catskill Lodge, responded to this review, November 25, 2014
We know that this review was written quite some time ago, but as the new innkeepers we wanted to take the time to respond to you personally. We are so sorry for your experience during Hurricane Sandy - we think that the previous innkeepers did not realize just how devastating the storm would be for our area, and were optimistic that business could carry on as usual. It is always our goal to stay open and accessible to guests, even in cases of very bad weather - and more often than not, the worst storms tend to skip over our area. But in addition to losing power, the Lodge was also physically damaged in the storm, and there was dangerous flooding in the area as well. Nothing stayed open in town, and it just wouldn't have been safe - much less comfortable - to have guests stay here. But that's not to say that the situation with your reservation was handled well by any means. We wish that they had made the decision to close farther in advance so that you wouldn't have had to scramble to change your plans, and we do greatly apologize for the inconvenience and frustration that it caused for you. We have a very different approach to running the business these days, and guest satisfaction always comes first. We hope that you will reconsider staying with us some time in the future - we would love the opportunity to make things right. - Sarah & Tony, Innkeepers
Lambertville
Reviewed October 28, 2012

My husband and I stayed 2 nights in October with Mike and Kellie and were extremely pleased with everything... comfortable room and bed, wonderful food and fantastic hosts. They helped us with places to go and things to see and made our first visit to the Catskills memorable. We would recommend the lodge to anyone. Hopefully, we'll make it back someday.

Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

This was my husband's and my first time at this b&b and we had a wonderful time! The b&b was a old home, with new updates and a lot of character. Mike and Kellee are very warm and welcoming. The rooms are very clean and warm. I definitely recommend this b&b. We will be back for another weekend getaway.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Winchester, Virginia
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I had stayed 3 nights at the Catskill Lodge in summer 2011 and wanted to include the Catskills on a brief autumn trip to the Northeast with my wife. After checking out several places, we settled on the Catskill Lodge because of its location (mts near Windham), views (of some high peaks, especially from the second-floor porches), great breakfasts and historic building. Since my last visit, the lodge is under new ownership (Kellee and Mike) who are giving extra attention to long-term maintenance needs while maintaining this B&B's well-deserved reputation for high quality hospitality. We look forward to returning yet again, maybe bringing more of the adults in the family. (There's a discount for return visitors.)

A tip for an easy hike: try the Diamond Notch Trail from the end of the Spruceton Road. It's a nearly level walk of about a mile (one way) beside a beautiful Catskill stream to a waterfall. In summer, bring swim trunks!

Room Tip: The Phoenicia Room is on the 2nd floor in the turret. It's spacious (as rooms go) and right nex...
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed October 14, 2012

This lodge is in a perfect location for hiking and viewing the Catskills area. It's a quaint, warmly and historically decorated home, with small but very comfortable rooms to sleep in. The living rooms are more spacious, with a wood-burning stove to keep the whole house toasty in the cold months. The hosts are so gracious and accommodating, providing great advice about the local area (food, fun things to do, hiking, etc.), and serving a delicious breakfast. As the host put it, they only acquire the best ingredients--even if they have to go far for the bacon, which isn't available in the mountains--and they cook them simply and wonderfully. We also had an amazing dinner at the old world Italian joint within walking distance, Vesuvio's. We had fun exploring Woodstock, which is a 30 mile (extremely) scenic drive away. And we hiked Acra Point, which offered the most breathtaking views. Such a perfect fall get-away!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Windham
Albergo Allegria
Mountain Treasure Bed and Breakfast
Cuomo's Cove
Cuomo's Cove
#3 of 8 in Windham

Been to Catskill Lodge? Share your experiences!