All reviewslift ticketscontinental breakfastshuttle servicemexicana restaurantbedroom condowedding weekendnice propertynice sitting areaplace to stayping pongfire pitgympulloutskibootspropertiesfireplace
Reviewed October 19, 2017

This hotel was clean & accommodated us well. They did their best to allow us early check-in & the front desk was very pleasant. The rooms are a little dated but all in all it was a nice stay. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed October 10, 2017

When we were booking our room earlier this year, I thought the personnel at the desk were very professional. They were even better when we finally arrived for my daughter's wedding. Jane and her associates were so friendly to our ring bearer (Tongore). The room was spacious and clean. The food was very good and having the fire pit outside after our events was so nice.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed September 25, 2017

We stayed at the Winwood Inn in mid-Sept along with a wedding group and were expecting a MUCH nicer facility for the $135/nt price. Pulling up, we were sure we were in the wrong place: peeling paint, dirty/decrepit outdoor stair landings, dumpsters awkwardly located along the walk to the lobby, an overall "twin-peaks"-esque creepy vibe. It seemed the property is just not aging well.

The interior of the lobby is fine - probably pretty cozy in winter but very outdated and sterile at first glance. Our room was in the main building up two flights of narrow stairs (no elevator). On the way up, the walls are thin enough to hear pretty much everything going on in the rooms on each floor (two on each landing). Zero overall soundproofing in the whole facility.

Our room was pretty large but was basically an expensive dorm: industrial carpet, sparse, crappy college-kid furniture and a hard full-sized mattress to boot. The bathroom was bizarrely tiny considering the size of the rest of the room; the shower was so small, you could practically soap the walls and turn. I'm 5'3" and had a hard time shaving my legs in the tiny space - god forbid you need an actual tub. While wrestling with my razor, I also noticed the toilet had a filthy black ring on the upper inside of the bowl - as if it hadn't been deeply cleaned in years and/or the whole toilet needed replacement. The bathroom toiletries were fine, but the towels were thin and old....and don't expect to get any use out of the hair dryer. There's also no full length mirror and the staff seemed a little miffed when my husband asked for an iron. Overall, we were totally stunned that this dump cost us almost $300 for two nights in the off season! The leaves on the hills across the street hadn’t even begun to turn.

We also visited the onsite restaurant twice – Rockin’ Mexicana. I’d read reviews before our visit and expected Mark the bartender to be as gregarious as others mentioned. Nope!! He seemed completely annoyed to have customers and spent a lot of time ignoring us and other guests at the bar. He was so rude and neglectful, we even overheard his manager tell him to “calm down.” Luckily, the food was pretty good with nice large portions – and the manager was friendly and welcoming. But overall, I was absolutely shocked by the poor service.

Yes, the location is nice if you are going to the resort – there’s a free shuttle. But, never in my life have I paid so much for such a disappointing, low grade property. $135/night buys you a significantly nicer stay in DC or NYC or literally anywhere in the world....but perhaps they are saving up for a renovation??! Let’s hope so.

Room Tip: The rooms in the main building are terribly old and have no soundproofing; no info was provided about an elevator
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MegMc
WinwoodInn, Manager at Winwood Inn & Condos, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2017

Dear Valued Guest, (MegMc)

We are extremely disappointed to hear that you had a negative experience at our resort. We want you to know we value your feedback. The main building on our property is a classic old inn that goes back over a hundred years. It is an older style but we are quite proud of it and do everything we can to keep it clean and presentable for our many guests. We also have condo accommodations on the property with a more modern design that might have better met your expectations.

We wish that you had expressed your dissatisfaction with the room to us when you were here so that we could have taken immediate steps to rectify the situation. Again, we apologize for any discomfort that you may have experienced during your stay.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your meal in our restaurant. We are fortunate to have some excellent chefs on hand to prepare some wonderful dishes, and our restaurant manager has often been noted for his infectiously cheerful demeanor.

We agree with you that our location is quite lovely so hopefully you will consider another visit that will give us the opportunity to provide you with a comfortable and enjoyable stay.

- The Winwood Inn and Condominiums
518-734-3000

Reviewed August 19, 2017

Stayed in a couple of different properties in the area and drove by here many times. Wasn't quite sure if it was a property offering overnight/ short stay so I thought i would call before my next visit to Windham. I spoke with Heather at the front desk and she could not be more accommodating. I arrived to find a very clean property and a very warm and welcoming staff. Good continental breakfast, Gym, game room all very well done and CLEAN! I would like to thank Heather and the staff for making my stay so pleasant and will return very soon.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed July 10, 2017 via mobile

Hotel is nestled in a lovely area of the Catskills , with nice view from my room. The room itself was clean and modern and the staff were very helpful. No bells and whistles, just a solid hotel experience. I would stay again.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with friends
2  Thank BrklynTravel
bstewart2017, Director of Marketing at Winwood Inn & Condos, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2017

Thanks very much for staying with us! We hope to see you again soon.