“Very nice place for winter activities”
Review of Windham Mountain

Windham Mountain
Ranked #1 of 12 things to do in Windham
More attraction details
Owner description: This year-round resort area in the Catskills offers a full range of outdoor recreation, from skiing and snowboarding in the winter, to swimming, hiking and biking in the warmer summer months.
Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

Came to enjoy some snowboarding activity. As this was Tuesday, the place was not so crowded, yet - almost all lifts and all trails were open. I'm a novice boarder, and found a few trails that were good for my level and a few more challenging. There are, of course, many more trails for more experience boarders / skiers, including some very challenging trails. Stuff was nice and the place is well maintained. Would visit again! This place can offer trails for all levels...

There are newer reviews for Windham Mountain

Reviewed February 24, 2014

I like that there was staff everywhere you looked and monitoring the mountain lanes. It was very busy when I was there but even with the amount of people there, it was still easy to know where to go and what to do. The only negative comment I have is with the men managing the lift. They seemed uninterested and were rude by not telling explaining to me that there was a bar you put on! Besides that it was a nice trip for family or friends.

jkewley, Guest Relations Manager at Windham Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2014

Hello Praguetrav,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Windham Mountain Resort. I'm glad that you enjoyed your visit with us. I'm sorry that it wasn't 100% positive. We strive to provide a premier alpine experience every day to every guest. Occasionally the ball gets dropped and it puts a downside to an otherwise perfect day. If you decide to return this season or next I'm sure that you will we will be firing on all cylinders, making your experience 100% positive.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Went to Windham for the first time last weekend and had a blast. It was the second half of President's Day weekend so we expected it to be crowded. We purchased sunset passes (2-8pm) for Sat and full day passes for Sun. it was crowded for the first 2 hours on Sat but the staff moved the lines pretty well. The rest of the day Sat was not crowded at all. I could not believe how empty the mountain was on Sunday, there was hardly any wait for the lines at any of the chairs. There are not alot of beginner runs, so I would not recommend it for beginners, but ample intermediate and advanced runs. My wife did not ski but enjoyed the outside fire. The food in the main cafeteria was very expensive and not that great but the outside bbq was very good. We had pulled pork and brisket sandwiches. Staff was very friendly. Like all ski resorts it is expensive, but you can save 10 to 20% by purchasing ahead of time online, at a local ski shop or a discount site.

jkewley, Guest Relations Manager at Windham Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Hello,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with Windham Mountain Resort. We all take pride in providing the best alpine experience that you'll find anywhere. You picked a weekend with fantastic conditions plus mountain 100% open for you and your family and friends to enjoy. The Sunset Ticket 2-8pm was also the perfect call for Saturday and Sunday being the last day of a holiday period is always the least crowded and allows you to enjoy all we have to offer and yes the BBQ is always a great choice anytime.
We look forward to seeing you again at Windham Mountain Resort.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Line, line you have to pay $76+ just to wait in line.
I arrived there slightly ahead of 6 buses. Just beat the crowd to the hour long rental line to wait on the lift line over 20 minutes a pop. It takes 5 minutes to ski down and then 30 to get back up the mountain. Lunch time waited 20 minutes to pay $8 for a water and a gatorade and then went outside to pay $12 for a bad hamburger.
The unloading line and the loading line and the parking situation is bad. The shuttle bus is stupid.
You have to bring your skis in the small bus.
Only 2 Chair lifts go to the top of the mountain and one of them so slow you can literally watch the snow melt.

1  Thank ned d

Hello Ned,

I'm sorry that your visit with us did not live up to your expectations. The weekend was unexpectedly very crowded and yes there were lines. I do feel that a few of your statements were unwarranted. The skiing and riding were fantastic thanks to all the fresh snow we received and as a rule of thumb, when it snows downstate everyone wants to come up and enjoy a day on the mountain which would explain the crowd level. The majority of folks had a great time with us and have expressed the same in reviews on this same site.
I hope that you'll consider returning at some point and if you do please look me up. I'm here every day except Wednesday and Thursday.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Lots of snot nosed rude kids working there. The best part was my instructor. He was amazing, showed me the basics and was detail and patient.

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at Windham Mountain Resort. I appreciate someone who will talk about an unpleasant experience as much as a great one. I'm sorry that some of our staff did not meet your expectations. There is no excuse for rude or unpleasant behavior especially in a business such as ours. I would love to chat with you if it's convenient concerning the staff that you mentioned.
518-734-4300