“My first experience may be my last”

Cave Mountain Brewing Company
Ranked #12 of 33 Restaurants in Windham
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed June 12, 2010

I went to this place for my birthday with some friends. It was supposed to be $1 taco night, but when we got there at 9:30 the kitchen was already closed. Despite the kitchen being closed, they still left the giant $1 tacos sign up in the door. My 2 friends ordered a growler of beer, and she brings over these little dinky glasses with it. Once that grower was finished they went to order another one and they wouldn't serve it because growers were only "to go" and they said they screwed up by serving it to a table. Well since it was my birthday my friends wanted to buy me drinks. My one friend ordered 2 irish car bombs, one for me and one for him. The waitress sarah came back with these two miniature throw away plastic glasses (if i can even call them glasses) of guiness, and inside of them were these little plastic half shot things (not even the size of a medicine cup) with the jameson and baileys. I had 3 problems with these. 1. the serving size was absurd. 2. It was $8 for each. 3. they had the mini shot sitting in the mini tea cup of beer already. Some of the baileys splashed around into the guiness already before we even got them infront of us. Sure enough the baileys curdled because of it, which was absolutely disgusting. After that we didn't see the waitress again for the rest of the night and had to walk up to the bar to get our own drinks. Unless you want to get ripped off and you want to get horrible service I don't suggest going here. The only plus side is that the beer was really good.

1  Thank reinventingaxlrose

Reviewed March 5, 2010

The Cave Mountain Brewery is the best thing to come along to the mountain region in a long time. Tim and Amber Adams have put together a combo of great atmosphere, awesome food and some of the best craft brew around. My buddy from Albany, a bit of a beer hound himself, always wants to hit up the Brewery FIRST when he comes to the mountaintop. Who am I to argue? Gotta mention all the great food - fresh, fast and affordable. Service is good - even when they're packed the wait staff is friendly and attentive. Huge TV in the bar always has a game on. Big room right next door perfect for large parties, families and events. Open mic Thursdays and live entertainment most weekends. Rockin'! /// JayRIP

Reviewed February 24, 2010

What a great attraction for the town of Windham! This is just what locals and tourists needed when looking for something to do. I have been there several times for different reasons. The first time with my family for my husbands birthday and Anna was our waitress, she knew how to answer all of our questions about the beer (as not all of us were beer drinkers and needed recommendations) and made great food suggestions. They got us in and out in a timely manner which I certainly appreciated as I was a nursing mom and we brought our 2 weeks old with us :) The second time myself and a friend were there for drinks and never had to waive down the bartender (ugh..I hate that!) he was always there when we needed a refill. The most recent time was for food, the service was great and food out of this world! I had the steak/mushrooms and onions on top of fresh greens (special). it was great...Thanks Tim and Amber! By the way my favorite beer is the Blonde Ale (sorry if this isn't exactly what it's called)

Reviewed February 24, 2010

A great place to get together....listen to music....have a drink and eat great food....awesome tacos on Mondays.....Way to go Cave Mountain!!!!!

Reviewed January 19, 2010

My boyfriend and I stopped here for lunch while staying up in nearby Hunter. He brews his own beer and we heard about this place from the windham vineyard. The microbrews were delicious. I had the Blonde Ale and he had the sampler. We couldn't believe the taste in some of the brews (in a good way!)...especially the one with the banana yeast. I ordered the pulled pork and he had a burger, both were great but the beers were really the main attraction. We were there for lunch during MLK weekend, during the playoffs and had no problem getting a table/service.