“Best burger anywhere”

Cave Mountain Brewing Company
Ranked #13 of 32 Restaurants in Windham
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night
“Best burger anywhere”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I can see why this place is always packed. Their burgers are magical. Try the six beer sampler. The blueberry wheat beer made me giggle it was so good.

Farmingdale, New York
“Good food, great selection of beer”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Nice local place.. Small but packs a big punch.. Extensive beer selection. The food was good but the menu could be larger.. Missing salad choices.. Mostly bar food, burgers, sandwiches..

• Visited February 2013
New York City, New York
“We keep going back again and again”
Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

Wish I could say how Cave Mountain compares to other establishments in the area... But I can't, because this is the only one we've been to, three times now.

The first time we went, we were a short (15-20min) drive away, staying near Hunter Mtn. We came back when, during our MLK 2013 visit to Windham, it was now just a 5 min drive away!

My boyfriend loves the great selections on tap. I like their inventive menu, which though not molecular gastronomy, at least dares to feature things like Mahi-Mahi skewers! A relief after eating ski lodge food all day, at least for me. I cannot subsist on chicken strips and chili alone.

I've had the spare rib dinner, the quesadilla, and some other thing I don't remember... My boyfriend always goes for the wings, which he says are really good. I also recommend the pretzel app to start (if they haven't run out).

I like the atmosphere. There's a bar and football games up on the screens, but there's also room for kiddies and a generally warm, laid-back and family-safe vibe.

Be prepared to wait for a table if you don't arrive early. We had about a 30min. wait one night during MLK weekend (which must be busy for them). And we had arrived around 7:30pm. It's no big deal, as you can hang out by the bar and order drinks. I'm just helping set expectations so no one gets crabby waiting for their seat :) I saw some lady one time giving the hostess a hard time about not being able to get her 8 person group in stat. Be reasonable, it's not a huge restaurant and there's a finite number of tables and seats.

The service at Cave Mountain is fine--unfussy, no-nonsense and usually efficient. We'll probably visit them yet again sometime.

Katonah, New York
“Hidden Treasure”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Stopped in a couple of weeks ago after a long day at the mountain. The beer selection was fantastic, Irish Red was my fav, and the burgers were perfect. Great atmoshpere. Perfect way to end the day.Love the open grill. Will definitely be back.

• Visited January 2013
“GREAT OPERATION”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Amazed they fit a brewery and kitchen in such a small footprint and everything is on the money. I drink Blue Moon but their own Belgian White beer is better. Hostess was firm and in control and sat us a few minutes before she estimated. For a packed house this was a well-oiled machine. Best onion rings ever.