“Home Away From Home (plus more)” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hotel Vienna
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Windham
GreenLeadersGold level
Ontario, California
“Home Away From Home (plus more)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2008

Our stay at this hotel was great! Came up with a girlfriend and our four year old daughters for a ski weekend. I first choose it as it seems to be the only hotel close to Windham with an indoor pool. And this worked out great! Nice warm pool with a hot tub right next to it, so we could soak and still watch the kids swim. A great way to end the day after skiing.

The staff was wonderful. I feel like I made a real friend with Patti at the front desk. I had such a good time I went back with my husband the following weekend. The rates were even lowered since it was close to the end of the ski season. Nice rooms and a very homey environment.

Just watch you speed as you head back to the highway. I got a speeding ticket just one mile before the highway in Catskill. I'm going back to fight the ticket and guess where I'll be staying. Yes, my new favorite home away from home. :-)

• Liked — Staff, pool, location
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Overland Park, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2008

We booked a 3 day ski getaway and decided to give Vienna a shot. We are so happy in our decision to stay here.
Timing was great- Perfect time to hit the slopes with no crowds and hotel was quiet.

Back to the hotel- Service was exemplary. The staff (especially Patty- ASK FOR PATTY WHEN YOU STAY HERE) was wonderful, willing to answer any and all questions. They directed us to great places to eat while offering us snacks (warm cookies after a ski run was awesome) and drinks throughout our stay.

The room was quite spacious, clean and well kept. Between hotel service, location to the mountain (rocks throw- 2 minute drive) and great package pricing, you can't go wrong at the Vienna.

Until we save enough to buy a home up here (a long time from now), the Hotel Vienna will be where we stay in Windham.

PS- Pillows were firm (bring your own).
PSS- Don't use Mapquest or your Nav system. Folow the directions given by the hotel- TRUST US!

- Sam & Erika H.

• Liked — Service, Location to Mountain
  • Disliked — Pillows (too firm)
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Sam H
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2008

The Hotel Vienna was a last minute reservation. I called on the evening of the 22nd to check in on the 23rd. I spoke with Pattie for about 20 minutes and could not wait to meet her the next day.

We felt right at home. Our two boys, ages 14 and 11 yrs were so impressed with how nice and homey the hotel is. The rooms are large and very clean. After spending the day at Windham Ski, it was great to check into a nice hotel, relax and watch a movie on the hotel room DVD player! We actually watched two movies before falling off too sleep. Forgot to mention they have a heated indoor pool.

The Rasmussen family made a good choice in putting Patti at the front desk. Her help and knowledge of the area, got us discounts at Charlie's Ski rental and a good recommendation to Mikes Diner.

Our visit next year to Windham will definilty include staying at the Hotel Vienna.

Lominy Family

Stayed March 2008
1 Thank LominyS
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2008

I stumbled upon this place with internet search and looking for affordable CLOSE places to Windham mountain. Not sure what I expected, but the heated pool and jacuzzi sold me in. I got there, and the room was a lot cleaner and bigger than I expected, and the pool was spacious, and the complimentary breakfast and the friendly staff was an added bonus. Would definitely come back here anytime and would recommend it to anyone.

• Liked — Friendliness
  • Disliked — None
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with friends
1 Thank demarest777
Manhattan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2008

Stay was excellent. Hotel Vienna was clean, friendly and had proper amenities esp for a ski weekend. They had brunch each morning for the guests, and afternoon cider and cookies nice to have when you come back from a cold day of skiing, it was great. The staff was more than helpful, anything we needed they were right on top of it. Last but not least, I left my diamond eaarings in the room and they found them and returned them, honest folks!
Thanks again Patti and Hotel Vienna it was great.

Stayed February 2008
Schenectady, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2008

i would love to say how much my boyfriend and i enjoyed our valentines experience and Hotel Vienna... I never felt so at home. I found a side link to there hotel so i clicked on it and i came up with this wonderful wine getaway package which included a king bed with a jacuzzi and a balcony over looking the mountains, a bottle of wine and chocolate truffles in our room waiting for us.. we then went to our own private wine tasting where JIm took very good care of us as well as a fabulous dinner at vesuvio which also included 2 more free bottles of wine.. when we came back to the hotel i finally got to meet a wonderful woman Patty who was amazing and so helpful with my trip planning since my boyfriend had no idea that i was bringing him to this wonderful getaway... we enjoyed the heated indoor pool and hottub that evening and it was to die for and so relaxing after a long day of drinking wine!! I was so dissappointed when i woke up and realized it was time to check out of this wonderful time we were having. so we decided to take advantage of the wonderful danishes i heard so much about and let me tell you how great the were!!! once we checked out we got this lovely gift basket with homemade syrup, honey, 2 crystal wine glasses and yes another free bottle of wine!! The best part is that its so inexpensive as well and everything is included where they make all the reservations for you at check-in....I must say if im ever in the catskills again i will be staying at hotel vienna everytime... unfortunately i didnt get to meet Amy or Rick but i hear from everyone that stayed there that they are amazing people so hopefully on my next stay there i will get the pleasure of meeting the 2 people behind this wonderful private owned hotel... Thank you again Hotel Vienna!! John & Jennifer from Schenectady, NY

• Liked — Patty
  • Disliked — nothing at all
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jenny822r
Woodcliff Lake, N.J.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2008

Recommended to Hotel Vienna when no availability at Windham Mountain properties. Didn't know what to expect. Immaculately clean property with a friendly smile at the front desk at all times. Very helpful with reservations. Rooms were spacious and well appointed though a larger TV set(19" currently) is certainly needed. The indoor pool and jacuzzi were a nice late day apres-ski activity. The breakfast room and fireplace create a nice ambiance and the food and snacks were plentiful. A ski storage room was heated and convenient. We liked it so much we've already booked for next season and will skip the hub-bub of the condo rentals.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Windham
The Thompson House
#1 of 6 in Hunter
Xenia Resort
Xenia Resort
#3 of 6 in Hunter

Been to Hotel Vienna? Share your experiences!