Mrs. Christman and her staff were the nicest service folks I've run into in a while. The lady herself checked me in, and knowing that I was traveling alone took it upon herself to place me in a room in the main building in case I was worried about security (there are several lodging buildings on the grounds, I believe). I get the sense from seeing the pics on their website that the rooms in the main building are more "inn" like in their furnishings and linens than the ones in the other building (I think they get a lot of golfers and skiers throughout the year). I found my room to be nicely appointed, clean, with a good sized TV, desk, small fridge, attractive linens, and a jacuzzi tub (YEA!). A full hot breakfast was included in my stay, and it was both full and hot! I ate breakfast there twice, and you get a small menu to select from, which is served on regular china by a server (LOADS better than a continental breakfast of stale bagel at any other franchise hotel). First day I had a bowl of canteloupe (best I've ever had), with thick french toast. Day two I had canteloupe, scrambled eggs, toast and home fries. All were made to order. And, bonus on day two - when I arrived at my assigned dining table, there was a freshly made blueberry muffin waiting for me!!!
I also had dinner there on my first evening. DELICIOUS is an understatement. The restaurant is open to the public, but luckily (for me anyway) it was lightly packed on a Tuesday night. The chef outdid himself with a salad of fresh greens, and a walnut encrusted chicken breast stuffed with carmelized onions and gorgonzola cheese. That was served over cooked greens, and with a side of what I learned was called "Tom's Potatoes." I would just call them "More" because they were so good I wanted another helping. I don't usually indulge in "fancy" meals when I'm out on business, but this was well worth the break with my norm.
The service: Each time Mrs. Christman saw me she acknowledged me, making me feel like a special customer of her establishment. I borrowed a book from the Inn library and she offered to let me take it home if I liked it. The staff I had contact with was very pleasant and friendly, and seemed pleased to be there and serve their customers.
I can't speak for the shape or service of the entire property, as I didn't have the time to explore, but the lodging in the main building (housing the restaurant and reservation desk) was quite nice, and the service and food in the restaurant was even better. I'll be sure to try and stay here again when I'm going through on business or pleasure, if for no other reason than the people there were so nice, and for the day/season it was a reasonable price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Windham NY mountain resort, hotel, getaway, restaurant, bar, golf, skiing, equestrian, jacuzzi, AC, summer Pool, wireless, cell, pvt bath, newly renovated rooms, suites, efficiencies, packages, families, groups. One mile from Windham ski mountain. Great value, immaculately clean rooms, fine dining, 300 acre resort grounds, 27 golf holes, championship 18 hole course. Largest golf practice and learning facility in NYS. Family owned and managed for 50 years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Christman's Windham House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Christman`s Windham House Hotel Windham
- Christman's Windham House NY - Catskill Region