Our friends have talked about how special Point Lookout and Ron and Laurie are since we met them. They refer to their visits as their special time in a special place.
It was our 25th wedding anniversary, our kids and family are all far away. When we saw the inn from the bottom of the mountain we just smiled and knew we were in for a good stay. We were greeted with open arms by Ron and Laurie like we had known them our whole lives. We immediately felt at home and with new family members!
Ron showed us around the inn and let us settle in to an absolutely breath taking view from our room. We felt like we were in an airplane. We could see forever. Before dinner we decided to check out Woodstock which Ron directed us to. He said to be prepared for a special dinner when we got back.
We have lived in Florida, Indiana (Chicago), Tennessee, Virginia, Ohio, California, and Maine and have had the opportunity to eat at some of the best places. Our dinner was to die for great. I never order lobster out, being from Maine, but Laurie's lobster was absolutely amazing! Friends had arranged for champagne for us which Ron surprised us with. Steve, our waiter, was so attentive and charming. We felt like we were the only ones in the dining area but it was booked.
Afterwards we snuggled into bed and awoke the next morning to the most amazing sunrise! The Raid the Fridge was perfect. There was a special Italian breakfast dish waiting, fresh fruit, home made breads, danish, cereal, coffee, juice all of which we ate at our leisure and had our choice of tables inside and out, couches, and a wide screen tv. The room was like home but we didn't have to do the dishes!
Ron and Laurie and their staff made our 25th a night to remember. We will be back!!! We have new friends!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Captain's Inn Point Lookout is historically located 2000 feet high in the Catskill Mountains. It has an unprecedented Five State, 180 mile view into Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut, & New York. It is in close proximity to Windham Mountain, Hunter Mountain, and offers a huge variety of year round activities,Fishing, Hiking, Mountain Biking, ZIP LINING, Boating Kayaking, snow-shoeing, Snow skiing, snow boarding, Leaf peeping, sight-seeing, scenic drives, Golfing, hunting, discovering, The Great Northern Catskills. The Restaurant has received accolades for its performance and vows to continue to be better. A wonderful place to come for a getaway, a delicious meal, or a quick bite to eat in the lounge. Family friendly with a great children menu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Expedia so you can book your Captains Inn Point Lookout reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Point Lookout Mountain Hotel Windham
- Captains Inn Point Lookout Windham, NY - Catskill Region