Our family (2 adults/2 teens) planned on staying one night at Point Lookout but we enjoyed our stay so much we booked the second night just to do nothing but enjoy the Inn. The main floor has a fantastic restaurant on site open for lunch & dinner which has a wall of windows that look out over the mountains & valley. There is also a friendly, classic bar separated off the back where the staff hands you the TV clicker if you're looking for news or sports or an adventure show. The floor below has a do-it-yourself kitchen for breakfast and a big, open gameroom with a pool table, air hockey, game boards, tables & a large screen TV with loads of movies & magazines & comfy couches. We enjoyed wonderful family time in this room & it was really convenient to prepare our own breakfasts at each of our family member's pace in the clean, country-style kitchen. It was a home away from home. The Inn's rooms are on the 3rd floor above the restaurant. The rooms, while somewhat outdated, were very quiet, clean & comfortable. The bathrooms were immaculate & the sheets smelled so fresh. We had a mountain view room with large windows that overlooked the mountains/valley making the room open & bright. We loved going upstairs for an afternoon nap or heading downstairs with a refreshment over a game of pool. The Inn was made most comfortable by the friendly, hands-on owners, Ron & Laurie, and all of their staff. Every one of them was so welcoming & accomodating. Ron even took our teenage son on an hour-long adventure on the miles of trails surrounding the Inn. The whole package of the Inn, including its proprietors, staff, on-site restaurant, bar, games & rooms made it an all-in-one package for convenience, unwinding and relaxation. We highly recommend the Inn to anyone considering a stay in the Windham area. Singles won't feel alone, couples will enjoy the ability to unwind at their own pace & families will enjoy the convenience of sleeping, eating & playing all in one place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Captain's Inn Point Lookout is historically located 2000 feet high in the Catskill Mountains. It has an unprecedented Five State, 180 mile view into Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut, & New York. It is in close proximity to Windham Mountain, Hunter Mountain, and offers a huge variety of year round activities,Fishing, Hiking, Mountain Biking, ZIP LINING, Boating Kayaking, snow-shoeing, Snow skiing, snow boarding, Leaf peeping, sight-seeing, scenic drives, Golfing, hunting, discovering, The Great Northern Catskills. The Restaurant has received accolades for its performance and vows to continue to be better. A wonderful place to come for a getaway, a delicious meal, or a quick bite to eat in the lounge. Family friendly with a great children menu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Captains Inn Point Lookout reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Point Lookout Mountain Hotel Windham
- Captains Inn Point Lookout Windham, NY - Catskill Region