Captains Inn Point Lookout
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Blackthorne Resort(East Durham)
  • Breakfast included
The Deer Watch Inn(East Durham)
Hotel Vienna(Windham)
View Hotel
All reviewscaptain wayneseafood mac and cheesevalley viewgreat manhis lifenew england clam chowdermotorcycle tripprovided greatexcellent place to staywindham mountainnext morningfall colorslike coming homecomfortable roomnew yorkcontinental breakfasta wonderful stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 25, 2012

We just had a wonderful trip to Windham. Point Lookout had wonderful views, and the owner and staff were very warm and accomodating. We enjoyed their recreation room daily, which included pool, air hockey, and lots of stuff to keep the kids entertained during downtime. The breakfast in the mornings was also really nice. It was included in the price of the room,and included homemade frittatas, cereals, fresh fruits and an array of breads and jams. We would definitely visit this inn again in the future. Good eating, nice people and great view.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank cindyCommack
Ron L, Owner at Captains Inn Point Lookout, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2012

Thank you for your review. It is heartwarming to know that the effort put into this place is appreciated. We have done our best for over ten years now and GOD willing we will continue to do so. Please come back soon : )

Reviewed February 20, 2012

I'm a little confused by all of the glowing reviews of this property. My boyfriend and I made a reservation here for the weekend based on the trip advisor reviews and the hotel's website, both of which were extremely deceiving. The view from the hotel is indeed quite breathtaking and the owners were nice enough and very accommodating (though super Christian, and if it's not your thing to hear about how every day is a miracle thanks to Jesus Christ, I would avoid a lengthy conversation) but the hotel itself is very much in need of an update. The walls are super thin, you can hear everything going on in the rooms around you and hallways. The rooms look nothing like the website. Our room was very outdated (rotting wooden doors, rusty fixtures, a beaten up reglazed bedside table, a window air conditioner with plastic wrap and duct tape around it for insulation). The sheets were stained, the carpet was dirty, the TV was an old box RCA at least 20 years old. No phone in the room. The pillows were uncomfortable, there weren't adequate curtains on the windows so you're pretty much awake as soon as the sun is up. There's a nice game and TV room which little kids seemed to enjoy, but even that is very old and dated and reminded me of a grandma's basement (a broken bowflex, a partial deck of cards, some beaten up board games). It's all very kitschy and different, we generally try and avoid chain hotels if there's an option to support a local place. But I had the idea we were going to a luxurious country inn, so if you make a reservation here at least know what to expect. For the price I guess you pay for the view, because it's not even close to an equivalent price wise hotel's (Comfort Inn, Marriott, etc) standard.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank ellasoup
Ron L, Owner at Captains Inn Point Lookout, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2012

We are sorry we did not meet your expectations. There are thousands of guests that come here and take away happy memories. Everyone is entitled to their own belief. Did not mean to offend you by sharing the news about Jesus Christ. The inn is in need of major overhaul and we are hopeful this place will remain a viable point of interest and commerce for our community. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed January 9, 2012

I was driving through the Catskills from Hunter Mtn. and wanted to have lunch somewhere different...and with an amazing view. I had heard about Pt. Lookout Inn somewhere in Windham and called the inn for directions and I believe Lauri, the owner/innkeeper answered. She helped me out with directions AND she said she would reserve a table for me near the window so I could enjoy the view. I couldn't believe somebody would take the time to do this during their busy hour but she did. I was warmly greeted and seated near the windows as promised. I kept seeing this fantastic-looking food pass my table and was so impressed. I even overheard fellow diners commenting on wonderful the food was. I ordered the tortilla chicken soup and a side salad. The soup was the best I've had since Sedona and the so-called side salad was such a pleasant surprise! Mixed greens with a variety of diced and whole veggies dressed with a light vinagrette and croutons...not your average side salad at all...I wolfed that down and was so pleased with the entire 'light lunch' that I did comment to the waitress to please tell the kitchen how good everything was. You will wait for your food - but, it's worth it!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank buxxy
Ron L, Manager at Captains Inn Point Lookout, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2012

I am soooo Thankful when any of our guests take time to share their experience here for others to see. Unfortunately we are unable to meet everyone's expectations, but are soooo happy that you had a Great stay : )

Reviewed November 21, 2011

My husband John and I went for our anniversary. This was our first time staying at Point Lookout Inn. The hosts Ronnie and Laurie were so friendly and very accomodating to every need. Very relaxing and peaceful stay. Beds are very comfortable. The entire place is beautifully decorated. The FOOD is AMAZING!!! I can't say enough about the food - we went to bed with stomach aches because we coudln't stop eating!!! The Inn resturant had some of the best food I have ever tasted! Excellent place to stay....highly recommended! And my hsuband and I can't wait to go back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Linda K
FiveStateView, Owner at Captains Inn Point Lookout, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2011

I have said it before and I will say it again, "we are truly Blessed". It has been not only a privilege to be the stewards almost 10 years now. We have had the GOoD fortune not only to meet the most Great & Wonderful people, but to share in making happy memories never to be forgotten. Life IS GOoD! We continue to hope and pray for all people. Those within our communities, Point Lookouts' employees, and ALL Its' guests, will continue to be Blessed. Thanks to you ALL : )

Reviewed October 18, 2011

We just returned from a 2 night stay at the Inn and will definitely return. The view from our room was breathtaking, We enjoyed one of the finest meals ever for dinner on our first night and had a delicious Octoberfest meal on night 2. Ron and Laurie, the owners, are very friendly and accommodating and the staff was attentive and fun. We were looking for an Inn that reflected the area we were visiting, not a hotel that that can be found anywhere you travel. Point Lookout Mountain Inn more than fit the bill and our room was very comfortable, clean, and charming.

Room Tip: If you can get a valley side room you will never want to go out...that's how beautiful your view will be!!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank susan f

It is always a pleasure to be connected to the Nicest people in the World. Thank you Father God, and Special Thanks to Linda & John becoming part of the Point Lookout Family. Friendship & new beginnings, two of lifes' most enjoyable moments. We stay grateful and thankful to ALL our customers & Friends : )