“A little bit of Paris”

Bistro Brie & Bordeaux
Ranked #5 of 33 Restaurants in Windham
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Bistro Brie & Bordeaux is a casual French County resturant in the heart of the Catskills, offering classic French classics and modern new favorites. During the Christmas Holidays we are open every night and President's week we are open additinal hours. We are open for Valentine's Day, The 4th of July and Wednesday-Sunday during July and August.
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Went to dinner with some friends and again was reminded why I go here. food excellent always a good choice to choose from and service is good and friendly.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

We have eaten dozens of times at this restaurant since it's opening in 2006 and have seen many changes in both the menu and staffing. This last time was a great disappoint! Our service was fine (really miss Albert) but the "new Chef" totally missed the mark. I ordered a Salade d'Endive et Roquefort requesting a substitution for the cheese; this was done but the APPLE and WALNUTS were also omitted! I suppose the chef was confused with a change and was unable to read the entire ingredients for the salad. Then, my "nightly special" entree, cod with scallops (tiny ones) and cauliflower was flavorful BUT extremely overcooked. How can you possibly overcook a 3 inch piece of cod!!! My husband ordered the Le Tour de France (which was a no brainer for the chef) so he was content. As for the glass of wine: why must you order a second glass to receive a full glass??? Bring back the original menu (and staff, loved the hostess) and replace the cook! Sitting outside on the deck, the view is always spectacular but forget the food. I'd rather eat at the Rock'n Mexicana Cantina where the food is consistently good and you get a TRUE glass of wine!!!!!!!!!

1  Thank Tenraq25
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Went here on a date night when taking a weekend in Windham to get out of the city; Food was good, well sourced, nice vibe. I had a steak from the local farm (Hull-o farms); grass-fed and well cooked; needed a pinch of salt; but the green beans alongside were flavorful (mashed potatoes needed salt); My boyfriend had mussels in coconut curry typed broth. Broth was good and creamy and rich; the mussels were small, but the portion was large; fried were great. Escargot in herb butter was worth going back for; and the homemade french bread to dip in everything was great as well. We had a crab/avocado appetizer, needed a pinch of lemon, but we got a lemon wedge and was good, fresh, yummy.

I'd go back.

Only other critique is they need a little organization of the waitstaff/management. The majority of waitstaff wasn't uber-informed. For example, we called ahead to get a reservation and the hostess and our waitress did not know where the food was sourced or where/how to seat tables. There were a ton of waitstaff available in the restaurant, but not terribly attentive. We were on vacation (therefore not in a hurry, so it wasn't a big bother); since the food was good.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

Unexpected high quality of food, especially given the location. Only major disappointment was the lack of French-style food. It seemed to focus on Italian (pasta) but I guess you could call it Continental. I had the special - stuffed tomato. Rather bland & disappointing. But the NY-style clam chowder was outstanding, as was the dessert sorbets. My wife had a veal dish - she like it lot. In my tasting I found the veal to be tough, perhaps overcooked.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

We had a fabulous dinner on the porch overlooking the ski slopes in the distance. We had a great endive salad, wonderful duck and fabulous dessert of profiteroles. We had no complaints and were surprised to use tripadvisor to see a highly rated French restaurant considering other places we ate. Highly recommended for the area. Even the wine exceeded expectations.