“Great burgers and othe food.”

The Hungry Trout Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 14 Restaurants in Wilmington
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Rhinebeck, New York
“Great burgers and othe food.”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

We actually ate at the bar downstairs. Two of our party had the bacon and blue burger, looked and smelled great. They loved them. I had the mushroom ravioli, very tasty. Husband had chicken penne a la vodka. He said the sauce was a bit thicker, but very flavorful. Local beers on tap.
Would recommend and go again.

Visited July 2014

Boston, Massachusetts
“Delicious and relaxing”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Wonderful views out the many large windows. Went with my family and we all tried different meals which everyone was happy with. I had the pasta primavera and it was delicious. Portions were large and the staff was friendly. I would recommend this restaurant if you are in the area and want to have a nice quiet dinner.

New York City, New York
“Enjoyed this restaurant”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

This restaurant was recommended by the bartender in one of the resorts we went. After visiting Whiteface mountain, we decided to have dinner here. I ordered the panko pan seared trout which was very good. My husband had the crispy duck which he also enjoyed. Andrea, our wait staff, was very pleasant. The receptionist was very gracious and welcoming. We arrived much earlier than the first service and she welcomed us pleasantly. And we got a very nice, relaxing view of a brook behind the restaurant. I feel this is a restaurant worth going to.

Canton, New York
“Just okay”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

On our last night in Wilmington we ate at The Hungry Trout, and it was just okay. I will say that it is way too expensive for what you get. The mushroom soup alone cost me $10, and it was extremely good, but worth $10, no. I also ordered the trout, and it was not very good. From eating the trout, you would never guess that they specialize in trout. There were only maybe 5 trout choices and they are all over $22. The trout was bland and there were ALOT of bones all through it. They also only gave me 3 small potato wedges as a side. I probably enjoyed those 3 potato wedges more than I did the trout.They also had some steak options which were over $27 and also salmon which was pricey. The cheapest main dish on the menu was chicken marsala and it was $19. Don't get me wrong, the meal overall was okay, but my main dish was not so great, especially for the price.

• Visited July 2014
JerryBot, Owner at The Hungry Trout Restaurant, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
We rarely get a "Just Okay" report, but when we do, it's most disappointing! No excuses, our error, unsure what happened, and I hope this reviewer gives us another try. Our meals are very fairly priced considering everything is fresh and prepared on premises. Portions are considerable, candles are lit, music is soft, and the spotlights are on the waterfalls. Comparable dining in Lake Placid is far more expensive...
Again, very sorry for the okay experience. Much better next time, for sure...
Walden, New York
“Off night?”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

This was our second visit here because the first time in October was excellent!i ordered the 8oz filet with peppercorn sauce that was a lot smaller than described?it took forever 2 get our entrees even though we were the only tables there besides 2 others?my steak was so cold I couldn't believe it and my mothers dinner was cold also and some pieces of her meat were cooked well done and some pieces med. rare????my wife's fried trout was cold also???we told the server and she took off 10% from bill witch was nice.38 dollars for a small filet and no soup or salad is crazy!!! The fried calimari was so good we order another one. maybe it was and off night different chef????there was a big miscommunication between the kitchen and servers!!!I'm not a chef but how could anyone let cold food leave the kitchen???

• Visited June 2014