“Another Superb Meal”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Denville
“Another Superb Meal”
Reviewed May 24, 2014

We stopped at the restaurant the other day and had a fantastic meal. The trout was outstanding, both the smoked appetizer and the Grand Marnier main course. My wife had the venison sausage which was fantastic. We couldn’t have been any more satisfied with a meal than this. The chef’s desserts were great. A maple Crème Brule as well as a white chocolate mousse in an almond pastry was to die for. The staff at this establishment is one of the best of any restaurant I've been at.

Thanks for another great meal

• Visited May 2014

Palatine, Illinois
“Another bowl of delicious mushroom soup!”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

We stopped here at about 4:30 - before they started serving - but Jim the bartender invited us in and set us up with a glass of pinot noir at the bar. We waited for the rest of our group to join us and at 5:00 we ordered dinner.

We chose to eat downstairs in the bar, because we were dressed in muddy hiking clothes but we all ordered form the upstairs menu. The brie and mushroom soup was divine. I honestly could have just eaten that (and wine, of course) and been completely happy. I also had a bacon-wrapped, vegetable-stuffed trout that was delicious, though I could only eat about half. That didn't stop me from ordering a delicious creme brûlée and cappuccino :)

We sat around here till almost 7:30 before we headed out for our sunset photography shoot. It was calm, relaxing and lovely. No one rushed us and we thoroughly enjoyed our food comas. I think this was the best meal I ate in the Adirondacks. I highly recommend eating here.

• Visited May 2014
“Great Food, Great Service, Great Views”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Ive eaten at the Hungry Trout on all of my visits to the area and I have never been underwhelmed. The food is excellent and the staff is friendly and inviting. The Owner himself along with his wife are regularly around to greet the customers. Im a huge fan of the diversity in that you can have a fine dinging experience upstairs and a fun and comfortable pub experience downstairs as well as outside seating with excellent river views. I would recommend this to anybody

• Visited August 2013
Westchester, New York, United States
“Great food wonderful view”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

There are very few restaurants in Wilmington and the Hungry Trout is a lovely place to have a special dinner, or you can go casual downstairs at the pub. Standards are a selection of trout dishes, hot sausage soup, and their smoked trout appetizer. Ask for a table near the window.

• Visited February 2014
Salem, New York
“Wonderful meal and superb service”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Five friends traveled to Lake Placid for an overnight and decided to stay at the Hungry Trout resort. Having stayed there years ago and enjoying the restaurant, we decided to eat there. It was a Thursday evening and it was snowing and blowing. The restaurant is decorated with fishing and hunting memorabilia and art. There is a beautiful stone fireplace by the bar. The view out the large windows this evening was of spotlights on the frozen river with blowing snow. It was very pretty. Everyone enjoyed their dinner and we even had dessert. The wine selection was good. The 2 trout dishes we enjoyed (grand marnier and almondine) were cooked to perfection, as was the quail appetizer. The best part of the evening was the wonderful service we received from Tricia! Thank you and we all can't wait to go back!

• Visited February 2014