“CLOSED -OUT OF BUSINESS”
Review of Steinhoff's Restaurant - CLOSED

Steinhoff's Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2013

How unfortunate Stein's is no more. This Wilmington institution appears to have closed its doors (at least for right now). Whether there are or are not plans for its reopening, Steinhoff's will be sorely missed as a place for a good burger, cold beer, and plenty of local characters!

Reviewed August 7, 2012

We went here the first night we arrived from NYC for a 5-night stay. It wasn't so much that we wanted to come here, but that it was the restaurant closest to our accommodation that was still open. I had nachos and my husband had french onion soup. The nachos were ridiculously bare of veggies, beans, and cheese and the chips were stale. There was some stuff on top, but very little. My husband's soup was mediocre at best and he is a big fan of french onion, but this was not great soup. Perhaps other things on their menu are good, I don't know, and probably will not return to find out unless I am desperate. We were there in the evening on a weekday with one other table of customers and service was still slow.

Reviewed June 3, 2012

I camp twice every year and usually camp at the NYS campground nearby. I always make a point of spending a couple hours one evening at Steinhoffs for some beers and pool. Jay is the new owner and he is great. Rachael was the barkeep for my visit and she is attentive and professional with a friendly disposition and good sense of humor. I highly recommend Steinhoffs.
Tom, Latham, NY

Reviewed May 22, 2012

My boyfriend and I ate both lunch and dinner at Steinhoff's during a recent overnight trip. We were staying at the Wilderness Inn down the road but given that their restaurant seemed over priced we wanted to check out what else was in the area. We were very pleasantly surprised by their menu and the authentic Adirondack atmosphere. The bartender knew every thing there was to know about fishing in the area and that helped to. The food was great and so was the price. Can't say enough good things !

1  Thank Sherri M
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Cannot say enough good things about this place, food is outstanding ( burgers are my favorite), staff is super friendly and accomodating. Great atmosphere! If you are in town stop by for a guaranteed great time!