“Not able to handle group”
Review of Steinhoff's Restaurant - CLOSED

Steinhoff's Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 6, 2012

Most of the meals were OK, mine was well over done ordered MR got MW. Had the New Years Spec. Surf and Turf, 3 shrimp? ran out of Scallops no sub. for or extra shrimp. Stay with the pub fare. Burgers, ect. Server never did ask our table for drinks or refills we went to the bar ourself. Should have had more than 2 servers for group of 30. $7.00 for a rum is pricie for this place. Try else were, most had finished meals and kids (legal age) were not even served yet. Missed one meal all together.

There are newer reviews for Steinhoff's Restaurant

Reviewed December 17, 2011

I own a little lodge in Wilmington. I recommend all of the restaurants in this town. Steinhoff's gets recommended when I have a very large group or those requesting a more laid back atmosphere, i.e., sports TV's, bar, pool tables etc. My wife and I frequent Steinhoff's when we can. We find the food 90% of the time great! They respond to feedback. The hamburgers all of a sudden weren't up to par and Alicia explained to Jason, the manager why. He had that corrected irremediately! Just after Thanksgiving the Chef prepared Turkey soup. Never had it before. They gave me a bowl and it was amazing. Try the HUGE Sheppard's pie. Fantastic comfort food! I had 40 soldiers from Fort Drum stay with me last month. I arranged breakfast at Steinhoff's. Again, amazing food. Last but not least, I had a soldier returning from Iraq stay here with his family 2 years ago. I sent them to Steinhoff's. They loved it!!!! So much so that when he returned here from Afghanistan last month he decided to stay with us this weekend and he went to Steinhoff's for dinner. He told me at Breakfast this morning that dinner was better than ever. Folks, it is not A 5 star restaurant in Lake Placid. Good food, reasonable prices, fun atmosphere and they do make mistakes. Don't we all? If something is not satisfactory, bring it to managements attention! I have read the reviews of the restaurants in Lake Placid and the higher scale ones in Wilmington also. They get knocked pretty bad also from time to time. They can't please everyone!! Have a great day!

Reviewed October 13, 2011

Steinhoff's has a bad reputation among locals who enjoy good food and value. So why did we go there? We had friends visiting on weekend and someone told them about this place. It supposed to have a great food, atmosphere, service according to that someone. At first we insisted to go to another restaurant, they insisted to go to Steinhoff's. Hence we went there. After all they were our guests. Now we know they won't make requests like that anymore. The food was awful, almost unrecognizable. Service was embarrassment to so many great waiting staffs in many local restaurants. Two of us are still waiting for glasses of water to be refilled. I can't believe we paid to eat there. They should pay us for walking in through the door. All experience made me almost physically ill. I won't go to details how bathroom looked but my question is did anyone clean this bathroom in the last few days or weeks? Is there any inspection for restaurants? I think a health inspector should go there unannounced and step in to the bathroom. IMHO, this place should be shut down very soon but it has been there for as long as I remember. Some locals who work at Whiteface gathered there to spend their money after they get their checks. I don’t think they care about food.
If I could give Steinhoff’s lower ratings I would but it is not possible.

4  Thank Places
Reviewed October 11, 2011

...in either direction.

Seriously - lots of places along this stretch of road between Lake Placed and Wilmington, so avoid this place.

The beer was cold, but it was all downhill from there...restrooms were a disgrace. Nachos with beef (who can screw up nachos?) turned out to be a four-inch deep pile of chips with cheese and a few peppers on top, and then several handfuls of very dried-out roast beef cut into little pieces. I never imagined I'd ever meet a nacho I didn't like. The french fries looked good on arrival, but were the usual frozen variety, and served lukewarm.

This may be a great spot for a few drinks, but I'd not recommend eating anything there.

4  Thank steener100
Reviewed August 10, 2011

Not what we expected. looked like a Irish Pub from the outside signage. Was going to go to bar area but at first entrance in, very loud not appropriate music for pub, that should have been our first clue to leave. The server- waitress tried to make experience good but was a weird atmosphere. Beer little pricey but is resort area. The food wa below par. Nothing special at all. Choices our table selected, fish chowder soup- bland, needed seasoning. The meatball sub- crust way overdone and meatballs were very tough and hard no flavor, thank goodness for the sauce and melted cheese. Bread bowls on menu but was not what you expect for bread bowl. We asked the server and they were out of the specials and they selected the chowder in the bread bowl. Server should have just said no we don't have that item, but said no we can make it happen my son is the chef. This was how it was served, a dinner type roll with the top ripped off and the clam chowder poured all over the roll and bowl. The chowder was average but the presentation was strange and not a typical bread bowl we had ever seen.
Bathrooms very dirty. Mens room smelled terrible and were very unlean and dirty. No soap, no towels. Sign said new owners. I personally will not go back and will not recommend at all to anyone. Sad as was a nice bldg but not good experience for us.

3  Thank ETHELMAE11