Ledge Rock at Whiteface Mountain
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Grand View Motel(Wilmington)
ADK Trail Inn(Upper Jay)
View Hotel
Alpine Motor Inn(Lake Placid)
View Hotel
All reviewsplace to stayski areawhiteface mountainrecreation roomsmall refrigerator and microwavehigh falls gorgerooms are cleannew ownerscoffee makereasy accessdown the roadausable riverbagelslake placid areaslopesrogermotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Our crew stayed 4 days and loved every minute, FCMC FOREVER. We had a need for a large gathering family type atmosphere. We all ride motorcycles and bring in a truck and trailer for community tent complete with bar-b-que and tables and chairs. Very accommodating to our needs and even printed weather reports for our rides as well as taking pictures. He printed out a huge group shot and gave enough copies for everyone.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mark C
Reviewed July 4, 2012

We stayed at a Ledge Rock in a Skyward Room during 29 June-2 July. The hotel was highly recommended by our friends who stayed there already 4 times and we loved it as much as they said!
It is a very cozy hotel, close to the road but built by the hill which gives you privacy from the cars and people. A great location - just a few minutes from the Whiteface Mountain, spacious and extremely clean rooms with coffee maker (can not live without coffee :)), fridge, microwave and air-conditioner; magnificent view of the mountain from the balcony. A very friendly owner David gave us all kind of info we needed, nice restaurants nearby and lots of places to dine out in Lake Placid. A great advantage is a recreation room with small pool table, fireplace, various board games and movies; a pool outside to cool down and relax after day activities was a big plus.
Gorgeous nature, plenty of activities all year around; we were surprised with very reasonable ski & stay packages for coming winter.
We highly recommend a Ledge Rock at Whiteface and definitely will be back! Thank you David!
Anna & Yuri

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank AY_View
Reviewed March 19, 2012

I checked in on 17 March and the owner appeared to be polite and professional. How wrong I was! Returning from Lake Placid there was an extremely foggy night with almost zero visibility. I attempted to pull in the driveway, but due to the combined effect of poor lighting what appeared to be a driveway it was in fact a grassy area about 10 feet ahead of the real driveway. As the ground was very soft my car got stack in the mud and I had to call AAA to tow me out. When I saw the tow truck coming I went to meet the driver at the car and one the owners 3 dogs which were let loose in the parking lot bit me, fortunately not hard enough to draw blood. One of the owners family members appeared immediately and accused me of being drunk, ruining his lawn and asked me to pay for the “ lawn damage” , after they will receive an estimate from a landscaping company. I tried to that explain that area was already damaged by at least 10 other cars (counting the tire tracks) whose owners were similarly confused due to the almost inexistent lighting conditions, but stated that he is not going to listen, period. Obviously, the intent was that in my absence, the quotation would be for the entire area damaged by others and not the two tracks that I left in place. He immediately called the state troopers saying that he will ask them to charge me with careless driving. Upon surveying the area, the attending officer confirmed that under the existing lighting conditions he would have made exactly the same error. Obviously I wasn’t charged with anything. The owner then asked me to vacate the premises immediately, which I did with a great sense of relief.
If you have any kids with you, beware of the dogs. If you happen to drive in, beware of the owner!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank cgeng
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

This gentlemen turned onto our lawn about 50 ft before our driveway entrance on a foggy evening. The area was very wet. His car sank deeply into the mud . His attempts to free the car tore the lawn up considerably. We had no idea of the incident until the next morning. We live on premises and can be reached at any hour by simply dialing zero from any room phone.
The next morning, I asked my son to get a license plate number because we did not know if the car belonged to a guest or someone staying elsewhere. As my son approached the car, a tow truck appeared and the guest came down from his room. My son asked the guest for his insurance information so that we could file a claim. The guest became agitated and began swearing at our son. At this point, he called the New York State Police to get the insurance information from him..
At no time, did we or the State Trooper accuse him of being drunk., He did not state that our dog bit him nor did he exhibit any evidence of a dog bite. The State trooper estimated the damage at $500.00 We will happily provide a copy of the police report, to verify the incident.
After the police left, the guest entered our office and began to swear at me. He also threatened to sue us. He did leave when we asked. While we sympathize with the guests problem, we do not believe the financial burden should be ours. We submitted a claim for $375.49 to his insurance company and were promptly reimbursed for the damage.

Reviewed March 16, 2012

I'm familiar with the area as I ski Whiteface each year and living in Montreal, I always spend 2 or 3 nights a year in Wilmington. However, I had never tried the Ledge Rock. I was attracted by the location (it's as close as you can get from the mountain) and the fair pricing for lodging. Met the owner at check in, our lift passes had been printed earlier that day and we were ready to hit the gondola at 8:30 AM, which is great. Large clean rooms although a bit outdated (carpet, tube TV, soft mattress) but you don't go there to watch a film in bed. A great feature is the recreation room upstairs which has a fireplace, a small pool table, a few board games and treats such as home-cooked brownies (which were great by the way!). All in all: fantastic location, friendly owner (I forgot my iPhone power cord & adapter and he shipped it back to me) and great bang for your buck. Would definitely return. Thanks David!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Flynt_HEC
Reviewed January 11, 2012

These guys charged my credit card for a cancellation after I called back to cancel in LESS THAN 24HOURS!!! before we even got a confirmation from them!!! No reasoning with them. They hung up in my face! Rude, arrogant! They lied about what they told us over the phone, they lied about their policy. They lied about sending us a confirmation. They changed their story to suit the argument of the moment and them hung up when they could not answer. Crooks! These guys are shifty, greedy, two faced liars.
Deal with these guys at your own risk. BEWARE!

Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends