All reviews cold drinks basketball hoop shuffleboard court shower stall hot cereal family ski trip cereal bars swimming pool relaxing place to stay packaged pastries down the road lake placid cozy cabin other hotels great hiking adirondack style excellent location
Reviewed October 12, 2015

This is a fantastic place to stay if your doing things in Lake Placid or Wilmington. Bill the owner was very knowledgable about the area and things to do. As a cyclist he told me where good roads where and let me keep my bike in the room. The rooms are very clean and the bathroom was spotless! Lots of hot water in the shower and free wifi that was fast. Lots of tv channels to watch and ultra quiet rooms. Will be staying here again anytime I am in the area to ride my bike.

Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
AlpineCountry, Owner at Alpine Country Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2015

Thank you Superbly! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. There are so many bicycle trails to choose from and most have been recently re-paved. Hope to see you again soon!
Judy and Bill

Reviewed October 1, 2015

My husband and I were pleasantly surprised, visiting for our anniversary, it was such a great room! The room was so clean, and the conveniences were great, Bill & Judy thought of all the little touches in setting up the rooms! We didn't get to meet Judy, but Bill was wonderful, (my hubby has a new buddy) as was little Lucy... the Adirondack chairs on the porch, the fire pit, the entire layout... we absolutely loved our stay, and know where we will stay the next time we visit the area... thank you, Bill and Judy (& Lucy)

Room tip: the Alpine Suite is great for couples that like a little more room
Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
AlpineCountry, Owner at Alpine Country Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2015

Thank You Terry and Hubby! Sorry I wasn't here, I had a Dr.'s appt and then was in New Jersey visiting my Family. Hope to catch You both next time. Happy Anniversary! Judy

Reviewed September 12, 2015

My husband researched this hotel and booked it. I didn't know what to expect. I was delighted and surprised! This place is pristine and so comfortable. The room isn't huge but it has all the comforts you need. The owners, Bill and Judy couldn't be nicer. If you have any questions they are the ones to ask about Wilmington. They know what you need to know about Whiteface Mountain. I would definitely return during summer

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2015

Great rooms and conveniences, swimming pool, near Whiteface Mountain, fire pit, great views, kids playground, near Lake Placid, has everything and great service. The owners, Bill and Judy, are great! Rooms are very clean. Eating places nearby. We will be back next year.

Room tip: Suggest rooms to right of office. Very quiet. Double queen rooms have plenty of space and very cozy.
Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Don W
Reviewed August 17, 2015

The Alpine Inn & Suites was an Awesome place to stay a very earthy down home place at the base of Whiteface Mt.the highest mountain in New York. My thanks to Bill an awesome host with the exception of being a Mets Fan. lol I would not hesitate to stay here again. very clean very friendly. Be there or be square!

Peace and Rock and Roll The Fruehauf"s

Room tip: Realy dont have any just enjoy
Date of stay: August 2015