“Delicious!”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 20, 2014

We have been wanting to try this restaurant for a while now and finally got it checked off our bucket list. Deanna was our waitress and was very sweet. We had the crab cakes and coconut shrimp to start. I had the lobster roll with salad (delicious dressing) and fries and my husband had the chicken, bacon and cheddar wrap. We went on a Sunday after 1:00 p.m. and it was quiet and the food was fast. The lemonade could have been a bit sweeter, but no complaints. We will definitely go back.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

Have had really lovely meals here in the past and was looking forward to dinner here. Although A Friday night they were able to squeeze me in (reservations recommended). Known for good food lovingly prepared. Excellently trained wait staff and nice decor, both inside and on the outside patio overlooking the Bouquet River (pronounced Bo- kwet here). Ordered the fish and chips Friday night special. Quite disappointed. Rather than a flaky crisp crust, the fish was wrapped in a thick hard shell any crab would have envied. Fish tasted "fishy" too so I am not sure how fresh it was. Still this is the #1 restaurant in town and I will be back. Just don't order the fish and chips...

Reviewed July 13, 2014

Turtle Cafe is a rare find in a small village in upstate NY. they have a ton of interesting stuff on the menu and a lot of choices when it comes to wine and drink.

The chef loves local foods and finds cool ways to serve up vegetables and sides - really healthy, fresh and tasty.

I had teh Ravioli & Shrimp En Brodo and my wife enjoyed the Sirloin Steak with Blue Cheese Gremolata, which is a New England raised Black Angus Sirloin cut topped with blue cheese and fresh herb crust.

Dont come if you are in a rush, but do come if you like good food.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

the owner is the chef and he knows how to make your food .cooked right and looks good too
Very clean and bright
On a sunny day you can eat outside under an umbrella and watch the river which to me is so calming:)
A friendly place to me is welcoming
Travelers eat here too and most if in town or passing by will stop once more :)
Linens are crisp and so inviting and the food is wonderful too!
The atmosphere is exceptional
The old building was a pharmacy for years and since renovated.
I live here and can vouch for this place!
Thanks Dave !

Reviewed May 22, 2014

On the quiet NY side of Lake Champlain, dining is a challenge. BUT... in Turtle Island, you have a reliable source of chef-prepared, locally sourced food and beverages. Started with risotto cake appetizer and went on to Chicken Picatta with capers and lemon. Delicioso. A guest opted for the vegetable cheese fondue and raved. The chef/owner grew up in the North Country and the place is always full of the local gentry, summer and farm folk. Service is always friendly and attentive. Love everything about it.

Been to Turtle Island Cafe? Share your experiences!