“Always a Pleasurable Experience”
Review of La Marmite - CLOSED

La Marmite
Cuisines: French, Italian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 13, 2012

We have been dining at LaMarmite for many years. In our experience we have never been disappointed. The menu selections change seasonally. The service is always attentive and professional. Would highly recommend for a family dinner or a romantic night out.

1  Thank amclovestravel

Reviewed July 5, 2012

The food is average, nothing special. Place is old and need some renovation. Price is expensive.
Service is OK.

1  Thank traveller923
Reviewed June 23, 2012

It had been many years since we ate dinner at La Marmite and we were delighted with every part of last night's experience. The food was delicious and the service was excellent. We enjoyed everything we ate and had a lovely bottle of wine. It is pricey and the customers tend to be on the older side, but don't let that deter you if you are looking for a great meal!

Reviewed June 7, 2012

I like this place and have been eating here for more than ten years. It's like a time machine that takes me back to my childhood in the 1970's when this kind of place was my definition of fancy.

Maybe today I would think of it more as pretentious with food, service and atmosphere that do not quite hold up their end.

It is good for my ego though because, even though I am about to turn 50, I can go to La Marmite any time and stand a good chance of being their youngest client.

Is it nit picky to say that even though I have spent thousands here over the years the owner doesn't know me from Adam or even try to fake being happy to see me when I arrive.

In fact I have been turned away at the door for wearing shorts on a steamy summer night. At least they don't pull out an old moth-balled sport coat if you aren't wearing one although back in the 70's they probably did.

Anyway if you do give it a try, I have one very important suggestion for you. They have a desert that I have ordered every time I have been here called something like Gateau St Honoré. It's a decadent combination of crunchy cream puffs floating in rich chocolate mousse and whipped cream. If everything at La Marmite were as good as the St Honore' I would give it a five star review and forget to even mention the draw backs!

Reviewed October 31, 2011

Wonderful restaurant, food and service were excellent. Very cozy and quiet with large menu. Somewhat expensive but worth every penny and not really appropriate for large groups,

1  Thank Business_Traveler505