“Was bearable”

Super 8 Williamsville/Buffalo Airport
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Williamsville
Reviewed October 21, 2009

My wife and I were in town to vist our son who attends the University. We picked the Econo lodge mainly because of the lower cost and because it was close to our son. When we walked inside we noticed that the place was a little dated. When we got in our room it looked ok, but when we pulled back the covers on the bed we found several blond hairs on the sheets. We asked for another room which was a little better. We still made a trip to Walmart and bought our own sheets.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 14, 2009

First off- if you're only paying around $50 you cannot ask for top of the line. Just accept it.

My boyfriend and I stayed one 1 night here before heading up to Niagara Falls the next day. The location was fine- about 20 minutes away from the Falls. It is also located on a populated street so that worked out well for us when we had a midnight snack attack and needed to find a store within walking distance to find something to munch.

The room itself was very nice! It was small, but cozy, you know? The walls were painted and bordered very prettily, the bed was pretty comfortable, the bedding was clean, the pillows were to die for. There was a mini-fridge AND a microwave in our room- something other hotels I've paid much, much for lacked. The bathroom was very clean and the shower was fine. One thing that needed looking at was the toilet handle needed jigging to stop the water flow after flushing, however.

The only complaints I would have for this place would be the doors and the breakfast. When one closes, the entire floor hears it. Our bed was actually shaking each time a door closed. And for me to have jumped awake every time was quite a feat since I was very, very unconscious (Hence needing a store within WALKING distance ;) )

The breakfast definitely left a lot to be desired- as a previous poster said, AVOID THE JUICE!!! There's only 3 kinds of blah cereal, onion bagels (ew), and donuts. And toast. There is a make-your-own waffle iron though, so that was nice. I was just expecting eggs and bacon and sausage and was very severely disappointed. But not enough to really care.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mmwingo
Reviewed August 17, 2009

I've had my share of urban camping experiences, and on arriving at this motel my expectations were already low. For 50 bucks a night i don't expect much. So the moldy stanky odors, the questionable stains, the horrible mattress, burn marks, and filth was to be expected....it's low budget, so you deal.. until 4 in the morning rolls around and your heathen-drunk neighbors come "home". Unfortunately, like other reviewers, I have to agree, this motel operates mostly as a pay by the hour for the locals around here. I heard at least 5 or 6 people (my neighbors across the hall) arguing with their doors wide open, kicking each other out of the same room, slamming doors, cranking up music from the TV, stumbling in and out of the same two rooms , smoking, complaining about not having enough condoms to go around, fighting over who gets to use the room first....no, i didn't hear this with my ear pressed up against the door either, it was from "bed".....nice.

what was most upsetting about the experience was the clerk's condescending tone in the morning when i complained. Take my advice and pay the extra 15 bucks for a better place. You'll sleep soundly and the bed won't necessitate a scalding hot shower in the mornings to kill any residual 'germs' from your mattress. I would rather sleep in my car- and brush my teeth in grimy gas stations- for FREE than pay for a VD in those beds. oh, and regarding the free internet and HBO- woohoo- all hotels on transit road offer that.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank izzy23
Reviewed August 10, 2009

Stayed for 1 night before flying out the next morning from Buffalo to sunny Florida. The hotel was under renovations at this time, all the ceiling tiles were down and there were large fans blowing in the entrance. There was a strong smell of mould or dampness in the entire hotel. Got to our room and noted that there was hair in the bathtub and behind the toilet, as well as hair in the bed. Room smelled musty. Overall condition of the hotel was quite poor. The hotel is directly under the flightpath of the airport which is 5 minutes away. If your looking for a discount hotel, I would recommend that you try somewhere else, there is quite the selection along that strip. I will not return to this location.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank odindude
Reviewed July 28, 2009

I've stayed at the Econo lodge several times and have put up with the dingy appearance, numerous water stains, old bathrooms and questionable odor. However my most recent stay was horrible. I woke up with bed bug bites all over my body - more than 12 in total all over my face, arms, feet and a couple on my mid-section. This has been my worst hotel stay ever. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank m2010
Reviewed July 14, 2009

The first room we were given the carpets were torn at the threshold, the capreting between the beds were stained with unknown black clobbs of something. The hotel clerk was quick to get us a new room, this one was much cleaner. It was nice to see we had a bar fridge and microwave, but that did not make up for the old mattresses. Went to get ice, the only machine was broken, again the clerk came to the rescue and got us ice from the back somewhere.
The proximity to Buffalo airport is good, they do have a "free" shuttle service to the airport, UNITL 4:40 A.M. and your daughter goes to board for her 6:00 a.m. flight and all of a sudden they are charging her $10.00 for the service. When we booked it upon arrival and confirmed again when we returned after dinner later that evening there was no mention of any charge. It was decided that since she wasn't leaving a car parked while she was away there would be a $10.00 shuttle fee???????
Next time we will pay the extra $20.00 and stay in a nicer hotel.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank ldhammer
Reviewed November 25, 2008

We stayed at this hotel for a night before flying out of the Buffalo airport. We chose it because it was a good price ($79 plus tax) and included parking for the week and shuttles to and from the airport.
The shuttles were efficient and parking seemed safe but the hotel was very run down! The carpet and wallpaper in the hallways was old and dingy (not to mention mismatched and ugly), the rooms were small, very basic but seemed clean. The bathroom wasn't too bad. The rooms did have a microwave and little fridge. The bedspreads were an old style green and gold pattern with blue sheets on the bed.
We would definately pay a little more next time for a little nicer way to start off our vacation, it felt very budget!
We won't return or recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamsville
Red Roof Inn Buffalo Niagara Airport
#20 of 22 in Cheektowaga
Days Hotel Buffalo Airport
Days Hotel Buffalo Airport
#9 of 22 in Cheektowaga

Been to Super 8 Williamsville/Buffalo Airport? Share your experiences!