“Leave food out so the roaches dont eat you in your sleep....”

Clarion Hotel Buffalo Airport
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Williamsville
Reviewed May 26, 2009

The rooms are decorated fairly decent. The sheets and towels had faded stains on them. The room smelled like an ashtray, even though it was a non-smoking room. The best part was that our room was adjacent to the laundry room. We were treated to the constant pounding of the washing machine against the wall. The water pressure was terrible. That was the first time I have left a shower feeling dirtier than when I entered it. The worst part was having to pay to stay there. WAY OVERPRICED!!! A terrible experience.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MrWimbley
karas23, Manager at Clarion Hotel Buffalo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2009

I am sorry you had a bad experience. We are actually newly renovated so I am very surprised regarding this complaint. I would like to invite you back at 50% discounted rate. I am looking into the issues that you had and I will make sure they are resolved. Once again I do apologize please contact me for you next reservation and I will take care off it personally.
Michael Karas

Reviewed February 27, 2009

I stayed at this hotel as it was close to the airport and they had a shuttle service. Big mistake. Hotel entrace was dirty and the sidewalk was all broken.

The receptionist was really rude upon check in. I requested a room away from the higway as I am a light sleeper. She said that would not be possible as I had paid for a one single bed and the rooms that did not face the highway has 2 beds. I understamd this response if the hotel was full, but it was actually empty. Parking lot hardly had any cars, no one in the lobby (if you call that a lobby) and empty hallways.

Got to the room and the room was very dated and the bathroom and tub were dreally dirty. Turned on the TV and only had 7 channels available. They told me that the TVs were new (big black box, not a flat screen) and that they were having problems with it.

Called front desk to schedule a shuttle bus to go to the airport the following day and they informed me that the shuttle only started at 6am. So had to pay $15 for a 2 mile ride.

This place sucks! Stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed October 1, 2008

It should be noted that I had originally booked a stay at the Ramada Inn/Rodeway Inn (Rodeway Inn recently aquired the property, but the sign hadn't been changed).

After checking into the Ramada/Rodeway, we checked out about 5 minutes later. DO NOT EVEN CONSIDER STAYING THERE.

So the Clarion Inn was across the street, it looked decent from the outside and we figured we'd go in and check out the rooms before booking - so I did, and I was beyond pleased.

The bed linens were plush, the room was immaculate and spacious, I noticed that the pool area looked clean and modern, and the continental breakfast couldn't have been better - there was a lot of variety in terms of breakfast options and you could see the kitchen from the breakfast nook, where all the food was prepared fresh.

We chose the park-n-fly rate which included a free shuttle to and from the airport, and (taxes in) we paid $120 which was VERY, very reasonable considering we were going to pay $75 NOT including park-n-fly at the Ramada.

I had a beyond pleasant experience there and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with friends
3  Thank pradagrrrl
Reviewed August 29, 2008

We stayed at this hotel both upon arrival and departure during our 10 day visit to the east coast. It is very close to the Buffalo airport. This made it convenient for locating after a long day of flying as well as an early departure. This convenience comes with a location close to a major freeway. It is not a quiet, secluded hideaway. The beds were comfortable and the rooms clean. The hotel does need some updating. The continental breakfast was the only one of 8 hotel stays that offered a protein besides cold hard boiled eggs. The Clarion also has a wine and cheese time available in the evenings that we unfortunately were unable to attend.

Stayed: August 2008
1  Thank nnygaard
Reviewed August 4, 2008

I have no choice but to stay here, it's our company direct bill location. Called a week ahead to reserve non-smoking king.....got a VERY smoked room.....and that was the high point. The entire room is just nasty feeling......the drapes & bedspread are stained, wallpaper peeling off, the bathroom......uuuuggghhhh.........they put an air ionizer in the room (I had to leave for a minimum of an hour) ....it helped a little. Front staff doesn't seem to care, they were sold -out this particular night.....

It is truly a DUMP

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed June 29, 2008

After reading some reviews I was a little hesitant, but decided to choose Clarion for a business trip. It was a decent price and was close to the airport and where I would be working.

The hotel itself is a little outdated. The decor and furniture in the common areas of the hotel do appear to be a from another era, but the actual rooms were much better. Free highspeed wireless, or you could request a network cable if you didnt want to connect wireless. The signal was a little slow, but worked fine for my entire stay. There was a fairly large tv, with a few channels to choose from. Definitely not a large selection (maybe 15 channels), but you did get a nice selection, including HBO. The Airconditioning worked extrememly well, and is easy to use with a digital thermostat on the wall. Speaking of the walls, like others said, they are extremely thin, as you can easily hear people staying in the next room. Although, I didnt really hear it for long periods of time, it was easy to hear people talk or cough. Wasnt much of an issue for me though, as it wasnt a frequent occurance.

All of the hotel staff was very friendly at checkin and when I would see them throughout the building. Breakfast was served each morning and although rather simple, was more than ample for a free breakfast, which included scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles, bagels, bread, cinnamon rolls, fruit, etc..

The hotel is close to the highway, and Ive read some people complaining about noise, but I really didnt hear much highway sound, and my room was on that side of the building, perhaps because I was running the AC/Fan it drowned out some of the noise, but it wasnt an issue for me.

Overall, I had a good stay. I wasnt there for a lavish hotel experience, just a decent place to stay while out of town. If thats what youre after, I would suggest the Clarion.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed May 26, 2008

This is the second year in a row we've stayed at this hotel for Memorial Day weekend and it was the same service we received last year- excellent. The front desk was nice when checking us in. Our room was very clean. There's internet, a fridge and microwave in the room. The breakfast in the morning isn't amazing but it's decent food for free. The pool is small but clean and nice. Overall, we will probably continue to stay at this hotel. It's nice, clean and we haven't had a problem yet. The housekeeping was even nice and wouldn't bother us until we left or asked. For the price, this hotel is amazing.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamsville
Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Holiday Inn Buffalo International Airport
Days Hotel Buffalo Airport
Days Hotel Buffalo Airport
#9 of 22 in Cheektowaga

Been to Clarion Hotel Buffalo Airport? Share your experiences!