“overbooked”

Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Williamsville
Columbia
“overbooked”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Upon checking in to the Clarion I was informed that they had overbooked. They did however, have a room for us. Thinking that was the end we went to our room. Then it began. Knocks on the door people trying to use their keys that yes were keyed to our room. That took phone calls to the front desk and me opening the door to let others know that this room was already taken. Then early in the morning the cleaning staff began knocking to see if we were staying or checking out, I might point out that checkout is noon and this started before nine a.m.. Our room was large no complaint there. Common areas need updated.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite. Much larger.
Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Christine M
karas23, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Thank you for your comments. I am sorry that you were disturbed in your room. We have express check-out at the hotel which enables guest to check out with out notifying the front desk. Housekeeping does knock throughout the day to see which guests have departed. There are instructed not to knock on doors with a "Do Not Disturb" sign. I am sorry there was a mix up at check-in and I will see who was working that night and correct the issue. Once again, I apologize for your experience and I hope you can try us again.

Michael Karas GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Laguna Beach, California
Reviewed September 6, 2013

For a hotel that is constantly booked, you'd think they made enough money to update the hotel and amenities. The room was old and outdated, the furniture looked like it belonged in a nursing home. My sheets were dusty and had strands of someone else's hair on them and when I pulled them back, there was some tiny bug on them (I thought it was a bed bug, I captured it in a plastic baggy and presented it to the front desk manager.) Speaking of insects, there was a spider on my ceiling! I was far too uncomfortable to sleep so I decided to take a shower. The bathroom was clean, but again, very outdated! And the wall-switch (to turn on the light) was crooked and dangling off exposing the hole behind it.

PS: there is no elevator! So me and my 60lb bag and to walk upstairs to locate our room. I wasn't made aware of this until I'd walked the length of the hotel (from the back entrance near my room to the front desk where, after I asked the front desk person, was informed "no elevator but its only 12 steps to the second floor.")

The next morning, I told the manager of my experience (and gave him the bed bug?) He was very kind and apologized and told me they do not have bed bugs, but he would make sure the room was thoroughly checked and sprayed for insects. He discounted my room, but I will not be back! The Clarion chain desperately needs to update this hotel! In every area from the bumpy, pot-hole filled parking lot to the outdated furniture.

PROS: nice staff, decent price, okay location.

CONS: old and outdated, dirty, dusty, bugs, outdated furniture, no elevator, hair on my sheets, holes in the walls...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Soixante17
I am sorry for the experience that you had. I will investigate to ensure these issues do not happen again. We are updating our furniture this fall. We do weekly inspections to ensure we do not have insect problems, which includes taking down the headboards and mattress inspections. Our lobby renovations are beginning this November. I hope you can try us again. Once again, I apologize for you experience.
Michael Karas GM

Travelers are raving about these Williamsville hotels

Durham, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We came in from NC (driving) and we stayed here. The facility was clean and well maintained. The staff was friendly. The kids had a great time at the pool! Great location, we did not have to travel far for anything. Overall it was a great stay!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us. It is great to receive compliments as we are working hard to serve our guests. I am glad you had a great experience, and enjoyed our facilities. We hope to see you again soon and thank you for your wonderful comments.

Rochester, New York
Reviewed August 21, 2013

My husband and I went to a wedding and needed a place to stay after the wedding. We made reservations at the Clarion and I must say it was a great stay for the price. The location was great as it was near to everything (restaurants, roadway, it was even right next door to the reception site). The room was clean and nice and I LOVED the heated bathroom light. The red light kept the bathroom nice and heated so when I had to get up to use the restroom in the middle of the night it wasn't freezing cold, but warm and just right.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Seaaqua
We appreciate your comments. We are glad you enjoyed everything. We are renovating our lobby shortly and have a lot of exciting changes coming soon. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you stay with us again.

Cleveland
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Stayed one night. The property is a little on the old side, but I've seen some renovations taking place. Lobby was good, personnel were attentive, breakfast was GREAT. Parking was do-able. Tractor Trailers ( 53 footers) need not come, no place to turn around. Easy acess to and from the highway though. all in all, I will be back here to stay.

Room Tip: get a room on the back side, it'll be a little quieter.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Toronto
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Stayed for one night before flight to Florida and parked car at hotel. Front desk had to be reminded we were leaving the car, and were not particularly welcoming. Room itself was clean. Breakfast room and public areas did not smell fresh and were very worn.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Ewing, New Jersey
Reviewed July 19, 2013

The hotel is a bit old and getting in and out of the parking lot is not super easy, but as far as having numerous restaurants to choose from, shopping available, and easy access to major roads, this is the place to stay. It is now a "staple" for us as we travel to Buffalo to go to the Ralph Wilson stadium to watch the Buffalo Bills play. This is the place to stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Anita L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamsville
Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Days Hotel Buffalo Airport
#9 of 22 in Cheektowaga
SpringHill Suites Buffalo Airport
Holiday Inn Buffalo International Airport

Been to Clarion Hotel Buffalo Airport? Share your experiences!