“good choice”

Clarion Hotel Buffalo Airport
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Williamsville
Reviewed April 1, 2013

my wife and I stopped here on route to texas this is the second time we have stayed here the rooms are clean and comfortable the staff , very busy all the time but very friendly the shuttle service is excellent no problems both times we stayed also our vehicle was well taken care of. the hotel itself could use some rennos but all inall a good place to stay at a reasonable price will stay there next year

Room Tip: rooms out front by the highway are loud request one elsewhere or bring ear plugs
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Clarion Hotel Buffalo Airport

Reviewed March 23, 2013

We stayed for just one night. We were in town for a funeral. The location was perfect. The rate was low even for Buffalo (we paid $71. on a Thursday night) and the value was great. The room was small, but well appointed and very clean with a microwave and refrigerator. There was a small restaurant and bar just off the lobby that was open until 11PM. The burgers were good and my husband had a shrimp scampi that was quite good (about $35. for three meals not including beverages). The convenience of that after a long day of working and travel was very much appreciated! Breakfast (included) was very complete...eggs, sausage, home fries, waffles, breads, yogurt, fruit, juices, etc. it really was a full breakfast. Just about our only complaint was the lighting in the restaurant at night was jarring. I would give it another star if it were a more sumptious place, but it does not presume to be and for what it tries to be, it does it very well.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stayed at the Clarion at the start of our vacation for a 'Park and Fly'. We booked through Park and Fly 6 weeks before our trip but when we got to the hotel we were told they didn't have any record, even though I had a printout of the confirmation. We are not smokers and when we were told there was an identical room (but smoking) available would we want it and were told by them that it did not smell of smoke. After my wife and daughters checked the room out they informed me that you could smell the smoke down the hallway before opening the door. We were able to get a room with a king and a pull out bed (the pull out couch and mattress was so stained it looked like someone had stomach problems and could not hold it in. After booking this the manager said she would discount the room for all of the trouble and when I asked what type of discount she told me $10. After discussing what a normal hotel would probably do and finally agreeing to the room I signed the paper. THE REASON I GAVE THIS REVIEW A 2 STAR RATING IS because the manager had a change of heart and gave the room at half of what I agreed to pay.

On a different note, you park your car in the oversized parking lot at the back.......but you have to LEAVE you keys with them.....in case they need to move your car. I can understand if your car is in the front of the main building they might need to move your car but mine was in the designated parking lot.

Upon return my car was in the front and had been moved. Probably 200 metres away. But my odometer showed 1 kilometre away so I guess they did a lunch run with my car.

I will NOT stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
karas23, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Buffalo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

We are sorry for your experience at the hotel. We would never take a car off the hotel property, we, however, do move some of the park and fly vehicles to the back of the parking lot to make room for current guests. We are sorry there was a mix up with your reservation as some of the third party websites can be unreliable. If you book with us direct next time we can always guarantee room type. I hope you can try us again in the future. Once again, we are sorry.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I needed a place to park and fly out of Bufallo. I got that and more.
I was able to park, get a free shuttle to and from the airport and get free breakfast.
What else could I ask for. Kids had a blast in the pool, I got free WIFI.

This isnt a 5 star Ritz nor does it try to be.
Its great value for the price!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank samadperformance
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed here back in April of 2012 while visiting family in the area. The rate was reasonable and our room was spacious and clean. The hotel is conveniently located on a main road near many stores, gas stations, restaurants. All in all we enjoyed our stay.

The "Serve yourself" breakfast, which was included, had sufficient offerings... cereal, toast/bagles, muffins, waffles, coffee, juice etc. It was supposed to also include fresh fruit but they ran out. I asked them to bring out more fruit, they said they would do so but they never returned. When a staff member finally did come back to the breakfast area I asked far a status and they said they had run out.

My only other complaint is the the card-lock system at the building entry door nearest to our room was not working. On our first night, we arrived back at the hotel around 10pm after visiting with family. The parking lot is large because they are a "park and fly" hotel. We had to park a couple of hundred yards away from entrance that was nearest to our room. When we got to the entry way (which was at the opposite end of the building from the main hotel entrance) we found that we were not able to unlock it using out room card. Luckily a staff member was walking by and let us in and informed us that it had not been working all day. It would have been nice if the front desk had informed us of this. Had I known the lock system was not working, I would have dropped my family off at the main entrance and then parked the car.

Other than those two customer service issues, we were pleased with our stay and would stay there again the next time we are in the area. Good value, good location. Spacious rooms.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank RimRock8
Reviewed February 14, 2013

This location was average in almost all areas. The parking area may have had a park and ride feature because the cars had tags and most of the spaces were in use. This is a two story location with no elevator. The carpet treads to the second floor were worn and falling off and I was concerned about the potential condition of the room. The room itself was actually odor free. The linens were fresh, the bathroom and bedroom were clean and the bed was firm and comfortable. I was on the second floor facing the highway. It appears if you want a quieter room you should request the non-parking lot or north side. Even with the windows closed there is a dull roar of traffic all night.long. I anticipated jet noise from the airport. I never heard a plane, but the tractor-trailers never stopped. I can sleep in that environment, many people can not. The water flow in both the sink and shower was very limited. Sometimes the toothpaste gets knocked off the toothbrush when hit by water. You could turn the toothbrush upside down and the water flow would not dislodge anything. The shower was slightly better, but still very minimal water flow. The last thing that would bother some people was the strong cooking food odor in the stairway. It was like being in a restaurant the smell of oil and spices was so strong. I would return here alone and if the price point was a little lower. I had an appointment down the street, Choice was running a triple points promo and I was only going to be there about 8 hours. I would not return if I was going to spend a prolonged period of time at the hotel. There was an indoor pool that looked very clean, but I did not use it.

Room Tip: There is no elevator, if you have trouble with stairs request the first floor. If highway traffic b...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MichaelinNH
karas23, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Buffalo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Thank you for your response. We have plans to renovate our lobby very soon, including our stairway carpeting. We hope you can try us again in the future to see our changes.

Michael Karas

Reviewed January 27, 2013

The hotel is a little dated but it is clean, the bed was comfortable, the bath was clean although there wasn't much water pressure but I was likely having my shower at the same time as many others were. The breakfast was okay, it was something quick before our flight. The staff was great, helpfull and very friendly. My only suggestion to light sleepers is you might want to try and get a room on the otherside of the hotel opposite the highway as trucks continue to fly by all through the night. The shuttle to the airport was great, at least getting us there, I will follow up when we get back and have to be picked up. There is also a pool and spa for those wishing to use it but too many kids for us.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the highway, it remains noisy throughout the night.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ldhammer

Thank you, we hope you come and stay with us again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamsville
Salvatore's Grand Hotel
Sleep Inn Buffalo Airport
Sleep Inn Buffalo Airport
#13 of 22 in Cheektowaga
SpringHill Suites Buffalo Airport

Been to Clarion Hotel Buffalo Airport? Share your experiences!