New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Williamsville
toronto
“just ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

We booked the hotel in the busy Bills football game weekend!
Walmart and restaurants are all around the hotel. It was a ok, breakfast was good!
Stayed in a king size room with a microwave and fridge.
Bed was comfortable, sheets and some hair on it thou, I called down for some new ones It did take them like 45 mins but other then that it got done.
Bathroom was clean, and the water pressure was ok.

Overall it was an ok stay..............

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
karas23, Manager at Clarion Hotel Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
We are working hard at our renovations. We just added new furniture to our rooms. Our fitness center has just been completed. We have just renovated our bar area, and our lobby is next! Thank you for your comments and we hope you can try us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
trvlgirl80
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

We arrived to the Buffalo Airport and the shuttle arrived in a reasonable time. When we arrived at the hotel check in was done quick but I found the front desk acting inappropriately. They were not rude, just their conversations should not be had in front of guests. The room was a standard airport hotel. It was clean and efficient. We went across the street to Cracker Barrel for dinner, which was delicious then walked to Tim Hortons, to grab some items for breakfast in the morning. We received a transfer to the Amtrak station in the morning-about 3am. It was a taxi that the hotel provided. The taxi was there right on time. Overall our experience was ok. No major complaints but nothing that stood out from other hotels.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Thank you for staying with us. I will correct the issue that you had at the front desk and I apologize. We hope you can try us again as we are making a lot of exciting changes with our renovations. Our indoor pool and fitness center have been recently renovated and we have added a Sports Bar which we are adding on to. We are always trying to provide more to our guests than our competition. As you know we are conveniently located off I-90 (exit 49) close to lots of shopping and entertainment.
Litchfield, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Hotel was dirty, rundown, old and had a bad smell. Also very noisy in every part of hotel, including our room. Breakfast room ran out of items by 8:30 and breakfast was supposed to be available till 10:00.The front desk staff very nice, but not enough for us to stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
I am sorry for the problems that you had during your stay. I will look into what happened during your experience at our breakfast. We keep our breakfast open until 10 am daily and later upon guest requests. We have just added new furniture and LED TVs to our rooms with the last 9 months. We are also renovating our lobby this fall and winter. I am sorry that you had a bad experience. I will investigate and correct these issues. We are working on improving with our renovations and I hope you can try us again.

Michael Karas GM

Travelers are raving about these Williamsville hotels

Kitchener
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

.We stayed here when flying out of Buffalo. The hotel is okay, the rooms weren't the cleanest I have been in, but not terrible. I found the shuttle service to the airport fast and efficient and also upon our return very quick to pick up at the airport. Would stay here again for park and fly rate. The staff at the desk were pleasant and professional. Okay hotel if you are just passing through.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank HawaiiGirl05
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We are in Williamsville often for shopping. We thought we would try a new place. This hotel was a let down.

We were on the 2nd/top floor and it rained. It sound like we were in a tent. The spiders on the door entrances and our balcony were awful. The room had a terrible odor. The housekeepers were banging on the door very early for room service. Our hotel entrance rarely opened with our room keys and we even got locked out. It still didn't work after they reprogrammed our card.

Room Tip: As for a room on the back of the hotel. The highway is very loud from a front room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Marie_198327
Niagara Falls, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Stayed here on a shopping trip for the weekend. Pool, breakfast, fridge and microwave, and HBO! All you need for comfort while away for a couple of nights. Soooooo close to everything from stores, main malls, to well known restaurants and supermarkets. Will not hesitate to stay again. I know that you could only turn right going out of the driveway but how hard is it to pull in and turn around just past the driveway????? or for that matter to turn the thermostat down to be comfortable when arriving????? duh

Room Tip: room 125 is close to the vending machines for drinks or late night snacking and also to exit to your...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
karas23, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Thank you for your pleasant comments. We are working very hard with our renovations and it is great to hear that it is paying off. We are upgrading all of our room furniture and we are almost finished. We are currently working on our lobby and fitness center. Our new bar is getting a lot of good reviews as well. Its great that you will return in the future and we look forward to having you stay with us again.

Michael Karas GM
Barnegat, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

At first I was skeptical with the reviews. For the most part they are accurate. I am a Front Office Manager at a hotel on the Jersey Shore, I know the difficulties and challenges that come with running a hotel. Check in process was a breeze the desk seemed to know what they were doing. Finding parking was difficult and the response to that was "yeah, park where you can find a spot, it will clear out tomorrow". That's great that it will clear out tomorrow but that didn't help me when I was checking in around 11pm. There seems to be a large grass field in the back of the hotel, this should be turned into a lot for additional parking. The room walking in seemed clean and nice. Closing the curtain however I came across a thick covering of dust on the curtain at the top. Further inspection of the room by just putting things away I came across more dust. All that was needed was extra attention during the simple cleaning process of dusting. Waiting for towels to be delivered to the room took over 30 minutes, so it is apparent that housekeeping is an issue. I too am a guest that dealt with a bug issue. I am not one that requests service I can make my own bed and when doing so I noticed a bug on the pillow under the pillowcase. I am 100% sure it was a bed bug. I immediately put it in a bag. Showing others in my party the bug it ended up popping on the pillowcase and it did have a feast on me during the night, blood was on the pillowcase. This is a shame on me that I didn't address it with a manager but I had events that I needed to attend and couldn't be late. With such high volume being near a major airport the hotel needs to stay on top of the matter and keep up with pest services. I would definitely say that it needs a major renovation to the rooms. With a mattress that you feel the springs and they pop when you turn in the bed, toilets that look like they will move when you sit on them because the caulking along the floor is completely gone, and dirty stained lamp shades are just a few examples. I won't complain about anything that is free but just a suggestion the coffee that is served in the morning could be a little stronger, it was like drinking colored water. I would skip the breakfast and just go a few blocks up to Tim Horton's get yourself a great cup of coffee and something to eat. As for attractions in the area everything is close by and I recommend hitting up Duff's just a short drive from the hotel for some great wings! With some minor improvements this hotel could be great. Would I stay there again? Probably not because of the bug issue, that was very offsetting and left you not wanting to fall asleep.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
I am sorry that you had problems during your stay. I would like to find out what room your stayed in so I can address your issues. I can assure you we do not have a bug problem in any way. We have daily checks for these issues and well as a preventative maintenance program in effect. As we can not control the occasional spider we do do our best to prevent any issues. I am sorry for the problems that you had. I will do my best to address these issues. I will also be talking to my staff regarding the dust and housekeeping issues. Please contact me so I can be more specific with my action plan.

Michael Karas
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamsville
Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Comfort Inn The Pointe
Comfort Inn The Pointe
#5 of 51 in Niagara Falls
4.0 of 5 stars 844 reviews

Been to Clarion Hotel Buffalo Airport? Share your experiences!