“Better than Expected!”

Clarion Hotel Buffalo Airport
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Williamsville
Reviewed December 13, 2011

The reviews on this hotel were not overwhelmingly positive but we were looking for an inexpensive place to stay in Buffalo to do some shopping and go to the Bills game so we decided to take a chance.
Overall we were very pleased with our choice. The rooms were very clean and the bed was comfortable. Nice newer TV and not a bad size. The common areas were a bit tired but believe me, I've stayed at worse places! The pool looked nice, we didn't get a chance to use it. The breakfast area was small and WAY too crowded (at least when we went down) so we decided to walk across the street and eat at Cracker Barrel instead.
Hotel is located close to shopping and restaurants and very close to the airport (nicely though, we never heard a plane!) It is right beside the interstate (as other reviewers have mentioned) and our room backed right onto it. Honestly, it really wasn't loud. I am a light sleeper, forgot my earplugs at home and still only heard one car the entire night.
I would stay at this hotel again if I needed something inexpensive in the Buffalo area!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank melmo1

Reviewed November 30, 2011

I travel 60 days a year throughout the country. I especially like the Clarion in Buffalo.
Not the newest, not the Four Seasons but you get what you pay for and more....
Lots of little things....I use the shuttle and don't have to pay for cabs or car rentals. If i have to wait for a flight, i can take a nap. The staff is personable and really try to help if you give them a chance.
If i get snowed in, they always find a room for me.
If i need batteries, whatever they are there.
Won't stay anywhere else in area.

Room Tip: get the rooms away from the Thruway. ie. even number
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank marc a
Reviewed November 25, 2011

I am unable to adequately convey my utter disbelief about the way my guests and I were treated at his hotel. We booked our rooms one year in advance and requested a cot in two of the 4 rooms reserved. We were told that there would be an additional minimal expense for the cots. We found this to be reasonable and agreed. Our credit card number was taken for a deposit and room keys issued. We then waited for 4 hours for our cots to arrive. When we asked for some answers from the front desk, An incompetent employee, let's call him, advised us that, in the past, he has built a "nest" for the guests to sleep on the floor. He was willing to do this for us using only a sheet... no pillows, no blankets. When asked for clarification about his intentions of having his guests sleep on the floor, we were told in a condescending manner that if we had extra rooms for him to borrow, he would gladly take them. We then asked for a manager and were told that there would be no managerial staff in the hotel for the next three days. We asked for a customer service emergency contact or phone number, he responded "911"??? Again, rude and condescending tone. In the end, we never did get our "nest".... two of the hotels paying patrons were forced to sleep in their cars to avoid sleeping on the dirty hotel floor. Our tempers, understandably, began to boil and we told him not to be so ignorant in the way he was speaking to us. He replied by saying "goodnight". (I'm sure I don't have to say it again, but I will.... rude and condescending tone. We were left feeling as though the whole had been a terrible dream. None of my guests had ever been spoken to by an employee in the service industry in such a horribly rude and dismissive way. Do not stay here if you are expecting even a minimum level of competency by it's concierge or front desk employee.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Jenny J
Reviewed November 14, 2011

Close to the airport which helps when you arrive at 11:30 p.m. Easy to find. Stayed here 2 days with extended family and everyone enjoyed themselves. The rooms were clean, our beds were comfortable, the pool area was clean, and the exercise room was clean. Breakfast was delicious. Self serve hot chocolate was available 24/7. For the pice a great place for an older hotel.

Room Tip: Be fussy when it comes to non-smoking room. We had 4 rooms and one of them wasn't acceptable an...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We had a late check-in and not too many parking spaces left outside.
Check-in: Quick and effecient and actually upgraded to a king size bed with
no additional charge.
Room: Rug had not been vacumned dirt everywhere on it and at midnight
you aren't getting the problem fixed. The sheets had a huge big bad stain that didn't
come out in the wash. The bathroom was spotless. We actually had an ajoining room
but didn't want this so moved chair over in front of door. We were in an odd number
room all of which face the I-90 expressway so noisy and the heating control were
broken and unit was very noisy running and shutting on and off. Halls didn't really
seem clean nor was the front entrance door. Both my husband and myself felt something
was biting us during the night, very itchy.
No room noise from other rooms beside, upstairs or hallways.
Breakfast was good with hot waffles you make yourself, boiled eggs, toast, cereal, juice, coffee
and tea. A bowl full of fruit apples and one orange.
The hotel is further from the airport than you would think and coming down Transat Rd. you
can't turn into the hotel because of the cement median.
I don't think I would return again as didn't feel the place was clean.

Room Tip: Pay a little more money and get a clean place. Ask for a main floor room away from the expressway e...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 24, 2011

We stayed here on park and fly deal. It was conveinent to get to and from the airport to pick our car up, the room was decent but the overall feel of the area and hotel was not somewhere I 'd want to stay without my husband. The non smoking room smelt of smoke and there were lots of loud parties or noises all night. It worked for us and our car was safe being left here but i'm not sure its worth it. We booked it so we could sleep before our early morning flight but next time I think i'd rather sleep at home and drive over.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 16, 2011

We stayed there on Oct 1/11 to Oct 2/11. We left our money un attendend on 2 occasions when we took our kids swimming and when we went down to breakfeast. On oct 3 we discovered that we had $600 missing from our wallets. If you stay here make sure you keep your wallets and valuables on you at ALL times. Once we discovered that $600 was missing we reported it to the Hotel Manager "MIKE". He told me that he would interview the staff. I told him that when I return from my 2 week vacation on Oct 15/11 which ws a Saturday I would come and speak to him to see if he had come up with anything. When I returned on Oct 15/11 I went into the hotel and of course Mike was not there. So I spoke to the assistant amnager and she told me that Mike does not work on the weekends, so why did he tell me that when I spoke to him on the phone. So then my husband and I proceeded to tell our problem to the Assistant Manager, she told us this was the first she heard of this. Now if you were the assistant manager of the hotel would the manager make you aware of something a serious as this so it doesnt happen to other guest! THe Assistant Manager Kristy was very helpful. Hopefully she looks into the problem and we get this resolved. So beware if you are staying at the hotel - there are some dishonest workers there.

Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamsville
Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
#20 of 22 in Cheektowaga
SpringHill Suites Buffalo Airport
Best Western The Inn at Buffalo Airport
Wyndham Garden Buffalo Williamsville

Been to Clarion Hotel Buffalo Airport? Share your experiences!