“Average stay” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Williamsville
Toronto
“Average stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

We stayed here for one night just to get away and do some shopping. The room was old and dated but you just watch a bit of t.v and sleep in the room, who cares. The t.v worked great, had a mini fridge and microwave in the room which was a nice added bonus. The bed was very comfy and the air conditioner worked amazingly, literally cooled down the room in about 5 minutes. The pool area is small but was refreshing. The room was clean and the bathroom was very clean. Breakfast was decent, good cereal selection and toast/bagals/waffels and juice or milk or tea or coffee. All and all this hotel holds its rating at a 2.5/3 star. I would recommend this hotel to any other budget travelers.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Hamilton, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014

By far the worst Hotel I have ever stayed at in my life.Beyond filthy dirty, stains,broken furniture,smell,terrible guest service,scary inside and out,bugs,when i complained on check out, my response was,,,"oh sorry" This property is an embarrassment to the Choice Hotels Chain!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank Lori-Ann1967

Travelers are raving about these Williamsville hotels

Aurora, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014

Receptionist doesn't even smile. After she told us where to go, we went to the opposite side to pick up our baggage and she thought we were going wrong way and yelled at us “Stairs!” We were on 2nd floor but no elevator so had to carry our suitcases. Room smelt bad like fish. No table or chairs. Instead, refrigerator was off the wall standing in the middle of the room. Twin sized bed pad was used on Queen Size bed, meaning we didn’t have any padding for most part of the bed. TV didn’t work, 2 out of 3 lights didn’t work. Outlet didn’t work. Bath Tub looked it was not scrubbed for days if not weeks. We were on our way to east coast for camping and we had our tent in the car. My son said he would rather put up and sleep in the tent in parking lot. No sound proof and heard noise from highway all night. Just slept and left as soon as we got ready. We paid about $90 making a reservation a head but had sign for $39.99. That sounds right price and we over paid. It was our first time using Econo Lodge and if that is their standard for all locations, we will never stay at Econo Lodge.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Basseterre, St. Kitts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

We got #174 , king size bed ( the mattress looked like it was picked up from the dumpster and the springs were coming out ). As soon as I sat on the bed , it pricked me and while removing the sheets , i noticed the spring was popping out to say "hello". HUH. Also, the bathroom floor was super cold and damp. There was no exhaust in the bathroom which would make the floor and vanity super sticky and damp. The bath tubs are in the worst condition , they could ever be and so as the facets. the funny things is it was a non-smoking room, though they put the sheets and the comforter which had burnt holes from the cigarette. Upon telling that due to the mattress , i got hurt on my leg, the guy at the front desk said we will fix it rather than being sorry or offering a discount or whatsoever. There was just one curtain and no transparent one (for privacy). either you can just have light and make outsiders see your room or no light whatsoever. I am glad we just had to crash in for the night, Thank god for that!

Room Tip: If only ,you can't find any hotel/ motel in the area ;then only stay at this place.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Chestertown
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014

First lets start at the front desk. Personality of a serial killer. Went to room. Opened door , no lights at all in room worked. Someone had turned the heat off and unplugged every fixture in the room. Finally found a light and turned on heat. It stayed stuck on high all night. You either froze or Sweat to death. The bathroom Shower curtain came falling down. The bath tub looked like someone had grease on their feet from all the stains in the tub. The toilet you had to hold the handle down forever to get it to flush. The décor was from the 1960's to 1980's. All three decades. The bed was comfortable , but smelled. The Recliner chair in the room was broke. The Sink dripped all night. Now for breakfast! Contential breakfast my A**! They had what looked like frozen Eggo waffles in the Pastry case and no fruit. Cereal with warm milk. The pastries were stale. I swear this house of horror's for halloween would be the best place in the world! But if you need a nights rest Drive on up the road. $45 for the night. I got nothing near what I paid for.. I told management about the room. He told me it was the best he had. I feel sorry for the people who had the worst. The Hotel is old and needs to be torn down. The only reason I didn't sleep in my truck is because it was 19 degrees outside and no other place had a room. Also they gave me no points for staying at Bates motel since I used a coupon to save money. Stay away from this house of horrors! Take it from a over the road truck driver who stays in motels, you can get a better place for the same price. I did the next night . I will never stay at another Econo lodge EVER!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Danny B
Niagara Falls, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014

The motel is older, needs some help. The rooms were ok, clean. Staff was friendly and provides fast shuttle service to the airport. It a good value for an overnight stay by the airpost. it neeeds some work.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DanaSl
Whitesboro, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

Last stop on a trip cross country and was glad to leave this location. My first impression was the observation of dirty hall ways going to our room. Next, my wife saw bugs on the bathroom floor and our floor rugs were spotted. Dirty ledges and disgusting materials behind the TV were seen. Furniture was chipped and garbage left in the bathroom. We almost left the premises but decided to stay just for a night. I hope management will review this location for standards needed to comply with their association with a major chain. I can not recommend this location at this time.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jgemza
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamsville
Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
SpringHill Suites Buffalo Airport
La Quinta Inn Buffalo Airport
La Quinta Inn Buffalo Airport
#6 of 12 in Williamsville

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!