“Ok you get what you pay for”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Williamsville
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I love how I can go from a 5 star property to a 1 star property. People sometimes ask me what possessed you to do that. Well sometimes is nice to reset you base level so that you are more reasonable in your reviews. I won't disclose what paid for my room but it was similar to my valet charges at recent hotel stay !
This is a place to lay your head down and get a quick overnight rest. The sheets were clean nothing fancy but they were clean. The hotel felt like an old industrial complex where offices were converted into hotel rooms. It is not modern so if you are looking for a flat screen this is not the place but hey the TV worked and the channels were fine. Free wifi yes sometimes they have to reboot the system but free wifi. There were plenty of signs of wear on the walls etc. Parking was fine, park under a light just in case, not recommended for women traveling alone. The staff were the highlight they were nice and they wanted to make your stay as nice a possible.
For the budget minded traveler this place works but if there is something nearby and there are a couple of other hotels in the area that are little more $$. You might want to stay there, personally I was looking for a clean place to sleep for a quick over night and it did the job. Did I mention that they do a little breakfast thing, nothing fancy but a few carbs for the road !

Room Tip: Try to get a room closer to the front of the hotel, I did not take any pictures but just do not exp...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed October 14, 2013

This is the first review I've been moved to write. I think I owe it back to the Trip Advisor community. I love Trip Advisor and check out the hotel reviews all the time. Unfortunately, I did not do any research before booking this hotel. I have been to hotels all over the US and abroad, and this hotel has to be the worst I've experienced in the US. A cousin of mine booked it for me because it was close to the airport, cheap, and had an airport shuttle. I had tried to book a hotel on my own and all were full--I guess there was a concert, a Bills game, and other events in the area for the Columbus Day weekend. I was traveling without the family and was only staying in Buffalo for the night, so I figured it would be adequate. Because I had a busy schedule, I never made it to the hotel until almost midnight. I had planned on checking in early, then going out. Had I done that, I would never have spent the night. I just can not exaggerate how dirty this place was. It was actually nauseating--hair on the dirty blankets, a trail of grime on the floor, what looked like a urine stain on the dirty bedspread (which I didn't notice until the morning), stains on the furniture, holes in the walls, damaged furniture, bugs in the light fixtures, rusty tub, and on and on. To be fair, the staff I met were nice, the bathroom was adequately stocked and was less shocking than I feared after taking in the horror of the room. However, the towels, although they appeared to have laundered, were still dirty. I did a check of the mattresses and bedding looking for bedbugs, but there didn't appear to be any. I had been up for twenty-one hours straight, so, gingerly, I slipped into the bed and passed out. In the morning, I got out of there as fast as I could, amusing myself by taking some pictures. I have attached them to this review. It is truly unbelievable that this place could remain business, but the place was completely sold out the night I was there. I guess there's no accounting for taste.

Room Tip: Stay in another hotel!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank telecasterfool
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We stayed in Buffalo for 6 nights as we dropped off and had to pick up my mom from the Buffalo Airport. We came from 2 other hotels during our stay for 6 nights. The arriving flight we were waiting for was not until 10:30 pm.

Therefore, instead of walking around from point of our check-out from the other hotel, we decided to check online for a cheaper hotel to stay at while we wait. We stayed at this hotel for 1pm - 10 pm.

From the to time we walked in, it was a very small lobby. Receptionist seems rude and not welcoming.

Hallway smelt and looked awful. It seems more like an old apartment rather. When we entered our room I wanted to go right out. It was musty and smelt like mold. You had to literally slam the door to close it. We can hear everybody's door get slammed as well. When my fiancé had to get some plates from the breakfast room, I was scared to be in the room by myself.

I was so relieved that I didn't have to stay the night. I would never stay here ever in my life.

There are other hotels that are better out there just for $20 more. We paid $50 for this place.

1  Thank Jhaz M
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I booked this thru hotwire so I really had no idea what I was getting. how bad could it be? to our surprise it was the worst ever in my life. I requested a non-smoking room and was told all non's are taken and hotel is full. the room being smoking was awful. we even took an attempt to buy a can of Lysol so we could hopefully get some sleep then leave early in the morning. we got back to the room finding either small black bugs or dirt on the bed sheets. the ac had been running to ventilate the room. we had enough and did not stay left room at 9pm and left a brief note on the bed. 3-4 hr drive home, both had a shower when we got home that's how bad it was. buyer beware never a 1 star hotel thru hotwire again. I will spend the extra 30-40 difference knowing it's at least 3-4 rating!! this hotel needs to be torn down!!!

Room Tip: stay away at all means!!!
1  Thank John A
Reviewed September 27, 2013

The Econo Lodge Name should be revoked from this establishment. The rooms are a disaster, linen have cig. burns, bathrooms have bugs and mold, tv didn't work. The rate of 119.99 is a joke. I travel all over the place and there were people at the front desk around the clock complaining about the conditions and the staff just laugh at their guests.

Room Tip: Look else where......
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Tom M
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Our room was suppose to be smoke free but the smell of smoke would make any non smoker ill. The tub in the bathroom was filled with rust spots and skratchesPaid for a non-smoking room but the smell of smoke was overwelling and made us sick. There were cob-webs on the ceiling above the tv and in the corners.A chair in the room was so greasy or dirty nobody would dare sit on it. Ants were on the carpet and small black bug in the bathroom. Was by far the dirtist room we have ever been in. Don't go there is my only advice.

1  Thank Buffalo4155019
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I wish I would have read the reviews before booking this hotel. I recently TRIED to stay at this hotel. Several hours after checking in, I check out and went somewhere else. This hotel was run down, disgusting, and I felt unsafe! Choice Hotels, in my opinion, should really take a look and see if they want to associate themselves with this hotel.

From the outside, one would think the hotel was out of business. Run down is an understatement.

Upon entering the room, I was shocked at the horrible condition it was in. Dirty, unkept, & smelly. The tub in the bathroom had the porcelain flaking off. I was scared to touch anything in the room. I pulled the comforter back and the light blue blanket had some type of spooge on it!!!

I immediately checked out, got my money back and found another hotel. I have NEVER in all of my travels had an experience like this. When I checked into another hotel, the clerk at the desk said that she has people all of the time checking in after leaving this hotel. She said she could not understand how it could possibly stay in business.

DON'T EVER STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!!!!!!!!! I wish there was a way to give NEGATIVE RATINGS!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family