“DON'T COME HERE!”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Williamsville
Reviewed July 31, 2013

This hotel SUCKS but was better last year under RHODEWAY INN MANAGEMENT.The hotel or more like "MOTEL" we went to really sucked. We ordered two Queen beds but it was actually two twins. The service was alright. We booked two non-smoking rooms that smelt like smoke. Everything here was sooooo OUTDATED, like the 70`s and had a bad smell too! The pool got really over crowded because it was way toooooo small. The breakfast had only cereal,bagels and coffee, not a really good selection. There was a creepy lady in the morning that worked there that kept staring at everyone leaving and entering, kinda uncomfortable if you know what i mean. The rooms where crowded and old, DON`T COME HERE!, you`d be better off to stay at the MICROTEL hotel thats right beside this place. Overall, this place is not worth your money!

Room Tip: GO TO THE MICROTELL INN that`s right beside instead!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 14, 2013

What a terrible experience! Upon entry you are greeted by a dark and dingy atmosphere: filthy carpets, grease coated walls and a stale smoke filled odour. This scenario was also carried into the rooms. The sheets, pillows and blankets were stained. When I looked under the matress pad there was a clump of hair. When I opened the drapes in the morning my hands were left with the fragrance of 'smoke' even when I do not smoke and it was a so called non smoking room. F The bathroom had a tub where the finish was totally worn off and the toilet tissue receptacle also contained some previous guests Qtips. The front desk was very prompt with a wake up call and offer of airport shuttle. Had I known the state of affairs as noted here I would have asked for a wake up call one minute after I arrived.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Second time there, never a third. Unfortunate. Go to the Motel 6 just next door instead.

Great area that is near to shopping, but far enough away from the hustle of downtown Buffalo. This Hotel though comes with dirty carpets, very poor paint-job, musty hallways and poor facilities and washrooms.
The beds were clean, but that was about it. Security at the different access points around the hotel don't exist. Come and go when you please, even if your not a guest.
This is rated a 1 star hotel in any country. You get what you pay for.

Room Tip: No good clean rooms here so far in my two stays. Just the cost. You get what you pay for.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mike1iron
Reviewed June 23, 2013

As we approached the back door there is a pad lock on the outside so it seems people can be locked in. I looked up and the drop leaf ceiling had peices held in with wire because they were to small for the frame. As we walked up the stairs to our room my kids ask what is the bad smell. then we got to our room. Dirty was an under statement. I went into the bathroom to wash my hands and went to grab a towel to dry them and the towel had something red on it. I shook my hands dry. I then looked around the room. There was something on the wall hoping it was bbq sauce. There were holes in the door fixed with tape and painted over. The tv was an old one with a large tube. There is NO microwave, NO Coffee maker, No Mini fridge. The beds I assume are made of old card board boxes and the "pillows" were easliy folded into fourths for support. Aviod this place. Spend a few more dollars. The clincher was when my teenager went to the snack machine and said I would not want to touch the vending machine let alone eat something from it. This place convinced a teenager Not to eat, enough said.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank roamongaround
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I'm in my room as I write. After I sprayed perfume and lysol over everything. Stains everywhere, broken plugs, empty vending machines, no wifi, no working tv, hard to get to. NEVER AGAIN. This is absolutely disgusting.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank anna325
Reviewed May 16, 2013

To start us off the clerk that checked us in had something all over her shirt and looked messy and dirty. We rented two rooms and both of the bathrooms where really gross with tubs that were old and stained. The toilet seat in one room looked like it had been repaired and had gunk all over it. It took a few tries to figure out how to get the toilet to flush. The shower in one room barely had any water coming out of it and the water was coming out of the fawcet and the tub wasn't draining. There were cracks all over the place, and brown gunk on the trim around the bathroom door. You could see where items had been placed on the table tops as the dust was still there. The windows let in the weather and where mouldy. There are pin holes in the drapes. We stayed two nights and after the maid had been in we still had two overflowing garbage containers of garbage for our next days stay. This place is a dirty, rundown dump. If the econo lodge chain thinks this is an exceptable way to treat people, I will never stay in one of their hotels again. Very disappointing. I have stayed at another budget hotel in the area and while it's decor was old it was at least clean. Good job we had a sense of humour and survived the place. If Econolodge cannot keep this place to a decent standard they should bulldoze the place down as people should not be treated to such a disgusting hole.

Room Tip: Don't think there is probably a good room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Nancy T
Reviewed April 22, 2013

The pictures are incredibly deceiving. You will be disgusted the moment you drive up. If you are already spending $50 for a hotel, you may as well spend a small amount more to go somewhere where you will not be terrified to touch anything in the room.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business