“ECON-DUMP WARNING!! STAY AWAY!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Williamsville
plymouth new hampshire
“ECON-DUMP WARNING!! STAY AWAY!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

PLEASE PLEASE LOOK AT MY PHOTOS! This place is DISCUSTING!The room was 146 our stay was Sat. 9/1/12. The good points are that the room had a microwave and a refrigerator, that scores big points with me . Other than that STAY AWAY!
The room was large but very out dated. Old style T.V. , Lumpy bed, the “white” towels were faded grey. The door was poorly painted an ugly red. Holes in ceiling, dried fluid stains on the wall above the bed, broken head board . Nasty looking phone book, broken clock, cob webs, mold , a grossly stained coffee pot ( I’m glad I do not drink coffee!). There was something in the glob on the light in the bathroom that I think was dead bugs/flies. The BATHTUB was so gross I wish I had flip flops or swimmie shoes to wear when I took a shower. The soap holder had soap scum & mold in it! Unfortunately I had to shower so I held the soap in one hand and my shampoo in the other! The water in the shower gets Dangerously hot at times I think when another room flushes there toilet. I did not even eat the FREE breakfast it was SO NASTY! I have been reviewing on Trip Advisor for years and this by far is the worst place I have ever stayed! I can not believe Econo Lodge allows this place to carry there brand name! Trust me you are better off sleeping in your car! N A S T Y !!!!!

Room Tip: stay at a different hotel!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank drdavid5

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

Never again will we stay at this Econolodge! After a staff member was uncooperative and rude, we complained about the nasty bathroom, the only option we were given was to be checked out in the middle of the night! They wouldn't even apologize! Words were exchanged and they called the police who came and told us to leave before we were arrested for trespassing. There also was NO wi-fi.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ararbrab
michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

I stayed here on August 22nd, 2012. I stayed here because i at first was going to stay at a Budget Inn on main street, but they didn't have any rooms ready as they were still cleaning.
I do agree that the hotel is aging, but i did not have any negative comments about my room. It was clean and smelled clean. I must have been upgraded for free because a sign on the door said "Business Suite". It was nice for the upgrade.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

disgusting hotel ... dirty stained carpet and upholstery on chairs, bench . A couple questionable pillows . Only stayed because we did'nt want to sleep in car . NEVER again ... we were stuck everything i buffalo booked.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank priceless22
Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

Book rooms for a adult hockey team here. We never got a chance to go there because the staff that was blocking the rooms out for our team released them back for sale before the date. At that time I decided to look deeper into this place. Not only is there attitude POOR there are many disturbing photos of this place and the POOR state it is in. I have contacted Choice Intn. in regards to there service and have informed them of these pictures. WOW we really dodged the bullet here. As for Megan who is the person incharge of booking groups in, she has VERY POOR people skills and continues to show why this place is sooo BAD!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

The rooms were adequate, we had two big semi-confortable beds. A coonecting bathroom, TV and air conditioner.
It was fine for us (2 young women) for 2 nights but certainly not a luxury hotel.
The free shuttle to the airport was great for us but on one occasion we had to ring 3 times and wait 40 mins for it after being told it was on its way twice (the hotel is 5-8 mins from the airport).

To get to Niagara falls we took the free shuttle to the airport and got a taxi from the airport to Niagara Falls. There is also a shuttle avaliable from the airport to Niagara Falls. To get the shuttle back in the evening though you have to go to the information centre in the centre of town and they will call for you.

Achnowledging that is sometimes unavoidable, there was a false fire alarm at approximately 2:30am one night we stayed and although everyone evacuated their rooms no staff gave any information or direction at any time. After 30 mins or so (once the firemen had come to turn it off etc) we went back to bed at our own initiative.

Generally staff were not very helpful and breakfast was very basic.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank AUSnicoleUSA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

This was by far the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. As soon as we opened the door we knew we were in for it. The carpets were stained and dirty as well as the chairs. The room smelled and we got a smoking room by mistake, which made things even worse. The bathroom was gross--the shower had so many paint marks where it was patched up, the curtain had a brown stain, as well as the door. The sink drain was closed and did not have a way to open in so I had to reach in and hold it open for the water to go down. The toilet was an industrial toilet, so I definitely didn't want to touch the handle and I wore my shoes in the shower. I mistakenly read the reviews after we saw the room and what I read was not good. I read about bed bugs, stains, dirt, etc. which made it extra hard for me to fall asleep there. The hallway walls and carpets were not clean at all. Basically, don't waste your money!!!!!!!! We got the room through hotels.com so if not we would have asked for a refund and left immediately.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Megbob123
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamsville
SpringHill Suites Buffalo Airport
Hampton Inn Buffalo-Williamsville
La Quinta Inn Buffalo Airport
La Quinta Inn Buffalo Airport
#6 of 12 in Williamsville

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!