“Homeless for a night in buffalo.”

Motel 6 Buffalo Airport
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Williamsville
Reviewed May 18, 2013

We got to the hotel after reserving rooms 2 weeks in advance to be told that they have overbooked by 13 rooms. They did not call us in advance to tell us. Was told they would give us a coupon for a free stay next time we come, we did not take it. All the hotels are booked solid in the area and now my girlfriend and I are sitting in a parking lot waiting for our tire appointment in the morning. Our friends went home. Not the way we wanted to spend our long weekend. Was handled pretty poorly. I hope nobody else came from far away and did not get a room.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Trev198610
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Buffalo Airport

Reviewed May 12, 2013

I have to say I was nervous a bit after reading some of the reviews on here but my husband and I came up for graduation and had to bring our dog with us and this was one of the hotels that take pets. The room was very clean, no bugs,no dirt ,sheets were clean,very simple no frills,no blowdryer no shampoo and nothing like the Roosevelt Inn in Saratoga like I am use to but I have to say it worked for us. They are remodeling so you have to be patient. It really isn't bad when you have to take a pet.They have coffee in the morning downstairs. A nice walkway to walk your pet. I would def come back here again if we need to bring our dog.

Room Tip: quiet spot we stayed on 2nd floor. Great place to take your dog.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I stayed here with my fiance to attend a wedding in Buffalo and we had a great experience at the Motel 6. Initially, we were a bit concerned that being so close to the airport we would have to endure a lot of noise from the planes passing over, but surprisingly we didn't hear a thing! I guess this location must have been redecorated recently because the decor in the room was very clean and contemporary. For the rate of $45 a night I honestly didn't have very high expectations for this place but it really turned out to be a nice surprise. The bed was huge and they provided plenty of pillows, the bathroom was quite spacious as well and we enjoyed the complimentary coffee provided in the lobby every morning. The only small issue that we had during our one night stay there was that between the hours of 8pm-11pm we heard occasional pounding noises coming from the room below us. (it's not what you think!) When we arrived there was plenty of signage in the lobby indicating that construction was being done throughout the hotel and that there may be some noise between the hours of 9am-6pm. Normally, I wouldn't complain about this sort of thing because construction at least shows that the owner cares about the upkeep of the hotel for guests, but since the noise was extending beyond the hours listed we called the lobby and asked them to address the issue. Shortly thereafter, we didn't hear any more noise coming from the room below us. The only improvement I would have liked to see to this location is that it would be nice to have had the lobby attendants be a bit more friendly and courteous. When we checked in the clerk seemed completely apathetic, took his sweet time coming around to the counter and basically just asked whose name the reservation was under along with the credit card- that was it. No 'have a nice stay' or, 'by the way, we offer room service, if you need anything..'.blah, blah, blah. It was pretty much the same when we checked out even though it was a different person. All the same though, we had a great stay and I'd definitely book at this Motel 6 again. Oh, and I didn't see it mentioned on the website when we made our reservation but this location does have a nice little outdoor pool :) It wasn't open while we were there (April) but it looked like a pretty sweet place to hang out next time.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great place to sleep while shopping. Stay here if you want to sleep; amenities are limited. Clean, tidy, accessible and Cracker Barrel is just down the street, perfect for fueling up prior to laying a beating on your wallet and credit card.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I am a seasoned travel, and I understand you get what you pay for it, welll... most of the time. in this case i booked the motel for one nigth, i was doing some business in Buffalo. the room needed more cleaning, I found hair in my bed, a coin in one of the chairs, the front desk, not rude, but not courteus. room a litle bit smelly, it need some work. the location is really good, very quiet, but close to the action. i think that we a little bit of TLC, this motel could be better, it just need attention to details. it will get more bussiness, i assure, i believe tha management is negletic basic rules of hospitality. TY

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Handy location to come for the weekend to shop. Close to malls, movies. Stairwells are dirty but the rooms are clean. They provide basic and coffee and tea only in the morning, in the lobby. Homemade looking bed cover. We've stayed here many times but we see it gradually deteriorating over the years. You pay for extra for wifi and its very slow, and will accommodate 1 device at a time only. ??? The price is very reasonable so I guess you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 17, 2012

lazy rude staff. asked 4 times for rm service and never got it. cable reception is a joke. im writing abt the motel 6 on maple rd near UB. ive stayed here in the past and it was great. assuming they're under new mgt, it's downhill. they just dont give 2 shyts...period!

Room Tip: dont stay here
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamsville
Red Roof Inn Buffalo Niagara Airport
SpringHill Suites Buffalo Airport
Quality Inn Buffalo Airport
Quality Inn Buffalo Airport
#19 of 22 in Cheektowaga

Been to Motel 6 Buffalo Airport? Share your experiences!