“yes they do leave the light on for you,,,HOWEVER”

Motel 6 Buffalo Airport
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Williamsville
Richmond Hill, Canada
“yes they do leave the light on for you,,,HOWEVER”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

WOW,,,thats about the only thing that motel6 may do,,,,we were really happy that we actually had taken some shampoo samples at the baseball game before heading to our accomdations at the motel6,,,,
can you believe it,,,a motel that was close to $100.00 usa dollars for one night.....disappointed with not enough towels.....no kleenex in the box holder,,,,,no samples of shampoo or conditioner,,,however if you want just one sample of shampoo from the vending machine it would cost you $2.25 cents,,,that is totally crazy,,,like i said before lucky we took samples from the baseball game,,,,and pictures of the vending machine....

think about maybe motel8,,,,,think we will stick to the comfort inn
hope this helps

Room Tip: ask if there are any sports groups staying at the time you plan on being in town,,,i found it to be...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Jamestown, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2012

I stayed at this motel in May for 1 night and in June for 1 night and it is in
a really good location, close to Transit Road, Airport, and only a few minutes from downtown...I know people are leary of small motels...but this one is tops in my book. Nice area, nice pool, nice staff! Happy with both my visits. Love to stay again.

Room Tip: The first time I got a King Size bed and it was very comfortable, second time i got 2 double beds, a...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

This was a great deal pretty close to the Buffalo airport. The front desk staff seemed a bit overwhelmed (check-in and check-out both took longer than they should have), but the room itself was great for a Motel 6. It had been recently renovated, and it was clean and comfortable. The best part about it was the bed-- it was VERY comfortable. The main issue I had was that the wifi was painfully slow. I'm not sure if it was my room's location, but it was very difficult to get a strong enough signal to get anything done. One other thing-- checkout is at noon, but at 11:30, the housekeeper opened my door before I could respond to her startling yell of "HOUSEKEEPING!" I had just stepped out of the shower, so perhaps what she saw will encourage her to wait a little longer before walking into guests' rooms. Other than that it was a great night's sleep at a great price!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Newmarket, Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012

This hotel is a secret jewel. Clean, well run, efficient friendly staff. Best of all the price is suitable your your budget. I better not say any more or next time I will not get a room. Joe at front desk is a great front man with good sense of humor.

Room Tip: The pool was closed for renovations and there isn't any restaurant. There is no shampoo or coff...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Howdyyaal
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2012

Stayed at this property for one night in March 2012, after being severely disappointed with another Motel 6 property about 15 miles away. (Read that review – I dare you). 

The front desk clerk was very pleasant and check-in was quick and efficient. Travelled with a friend and my dog, so finding affordable dog-friendly accommodations can be difficult and somewhat sparse to say the least.

We arrived around 2:00 p.m. and checked out by 8:00 a.m., so there was not much time to view the property in greater detail. I noticed that they had an outdoor swimming pool, but not a good idea for the first week of March. 

The room was adequate for our needs, and seemed to be a notch above other Motel 6’s that I’ve utilized in the past (although still no hairdryer, no coffee maker, no alarm clock – no big deal for me though). The room was a decent size – not crammed – and the bedding seemed ‘nicer’ than other properties that share the same name. They were even kind enough to provide us with a main floor ‘walk-out’ unit for easy access when walking the dog.

The hotel seems fairly new and was in a commercial type area with a plaza about a quarter mile from the property. If you are using GPS (as I was), my directions for entry to this location were slightly off (although your GPS may be fine). You actually had to turn into the plaza area and go through a “round-a-bout” to get to the property. A little confusing at first, but you’ll get the hang of it.

After sharing my story of disappointment regarding the ‘other’ property, the young lady at the front desk called us shortly after checking in and asked if everything was satisfactory (nice touch!). We had actually booked a room with a fridge and microwave, but those units were on the 3rd (top) floor only, and as I preferred the convenience of opening my door and taking my dog straight outside, we decided to stay on the main floor (walkout). The lovely young lady (wish I had remembered her name) even held a hair dryer aside for us, as the outside temperature was below freezing and I didn’t want to leave with wet hair (especially when you have to walk the dog before putting her in the car).

Oh, speaking of being pet-friendly… I must say that I was a bit disappointed with the number of doggy doo-doo’s that I came across on the limited amount of grassy area that was available at this property. THIS, IN NO WAY, SHAPE OR FORM IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE HOTEL OR ITS STAFF. This is solely the responsibility of the pet owners to clean up after their pets.

Yes, it was below freezing outside, and yes the wind could have ripped a hole in the roof, but for goodness sake people… if you are travelling with your pet(s) – be responsible and clean up after them!! Don’t expect the hotel staff should have to do that for you – Shame on you, you should know better! It’s because of irresponsible people like this that it gets harder and harder to find decent, affordable accommodations that are willing to accept pets.

Other than that, the stay was quite pleasant and I’ll be certain to visit this property again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank LJkooLJ
Barrie
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2012

If you are looking for a no frills stay with little amenities and a decent price then this is the place to stay. Room was clean, no bugs, no smells all was OK and very basic. We stayed on the second floor no noise. We had to catch an early flight out of Buffalo the next day. No shuttle $15 taxi ride to the airport. Parking is free for your time away if you stay one night. Staff were helpful. Right behind The Cracker Barrel. Lots of food, stores and liquor store north on Transit Road.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank 4bags
Diamond Luv
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2012

I moved to this hotel on the last day of my trip because it's close to the Buffalo Airport. Because the room rates were low, I was expecting a no frills place, but this was awful. I was greeted by a very rude desk clerk and it went down hill from there. The room felt institutional, smelled of a terribe disinfectant and had very harsh lighting. I hardly slept all night. The only favorable thing about this place is it's location: on Transit Rd., close to stores, restaurants and the airport.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Diamond-luv
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamsville
Red Roof Inn Buffalo Niagara Airport
Days Hotel Buffalo Airport
Days Hotel Buffalo Airport
#9 of 22 in Cheektowaga
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,791 reviews

Been to Motel 6 Buffalo Airport? Share your experiences!