“Good for the price”

Motel 6 Buffalo Airport
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Williamsville
Reviewed December 2, 2011

You get what you pay. No frills (ie no shampoo, clock radio) and room had some stains/dirt but overall it was very decent, safe, and quiet. Bed linens and blanket were clean. Limited TV channels were clear though. 5 to 10 minute drive to Target, Walmart, Sears, Best Buy, and Toysrus which were all just north on Transit Rd. Good location north of the airport.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank RJRM
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Buffalo Airport

Reviewed October 31, 2011

My cuz and I stayed at this motel 3 times during a driving vacation to Lancaster,County Pa.,Getttysburg ,Niagara Fall & Toronto. The service and room were a 10. Kevin at the check-in desk was an outstanding employee.even called to check to see if all was well with our room,etc--so give him a raise!Thanks Kevin for a great stay.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 24, 2011

Have stayed here a few times over the last 3 years. Last visit was just that - the last! When entering our hallway we were met by a large pile of filthy clothes right at the top of the stairwell. Our non-smoking room smelled strongly of smoke to the point that my daughter was bothered by it. But the kicker - at 3:15 am the people above us had a shower. It leaked right through to our room, wetting my 2 daughters in their bed. No response was received from the front desk - no option to move rooms, no one came to see. We ended up moving the mattress to the floor in front of the washroom so they could sleep. Which would have been possible if drunks didn't start fighting in the parking lot right below our room.

Stay away - spend the extra money and go somewhere that isn't falling apart.

To their credit, they did refund my room rate after I complained, but I wouldn't even stay there for free.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2011

Have stayed at this Motel 6 in the past and never remember it being this bad. As a member of the same group as a previous reviewer, I too found this particular location VERY disappointing. The rooms we got WERE supposed to near each other but we actually got 4 fours about as far away from each other as possible. This after making the reservation TWO MONTHS in advance. Our room seemed to be the worst with regards to condition as it smelled dungy and damp. If you stay here I would suggest bringing your own towels with you as you will surely take off a layer of skin using theirs. Felt like sandpaper on my skin, and you only get one towel each, so you will need to get more from the front desk. There are NO emenities to speak of in the room as they do not supply your room with any shampoo, hair dryer or anything else. They don't even provide you with a tissue box, so come prepared. As noted by previous TA's, the front desk people need a course in customer service. The manager Carlos was the most accommodating, but because he seemed to be training new staff during our stay he only worked late evenings and when we had a situation arise with a stolen package for one of our fellow guests, the desk person said that she could not reach him. So who is in charge? They need to get better help in that department, as the whole incident we encountered while dealing with the LOST/STOLEN article really did put a damper on everyone's weekend. When I asked what STAR level this Motel 6 was considered, I was told a TWO. Based on what I have stayed at where it was also a two or two and a half, I would definitely put this one at a ONE or even HALF star rating. Would definitely not recommend this Motel if travelling with children.

Reviewed October 6, 2011

We have stayed at this hotel in the past but it was never this bad.

We had rented 4 rooms to accommodate 8 guys for a golf weekend. Each of our rooms had unsatisfactory issues such as; awful room odor, extremely dirty carpets (green carpets that were almost black with old dirt and huge red stains that look like blood), terrible beds with no supports in the mattress, dirty bathrooms and the towels were so coarse like sandpaper, all of our phones were broken.

When we informed the duty clerk about these issues, we were told that this hotel was sold out and the rest of the rooms were fully used.

When we were making these complaints at 10:00 pm, we saw this guy rolling a vacuum cleaner and towels and cleaning detergent in his hand. I asked the clerk if this person could help us out and was told that he was a customer and not satisfied with the condition of his room.

To top this off 2 of guys made purchases and had their parcels delivered to the hotel by UPS. When we got there on Friday one of the guys asked the clerk if there was a parcel for him from UPS. The clerk asked for his first name and then handed the parcel to him. Not asking for any ID.

The other friend inquired about his parcel but was told that it has not arrived yet. Confused he reviewed his invoice from UPS and found out that it was received and signed by the front desk. The clerk was informed of this information and now recalls signing for the parcel but doesn't know what happened to the $200 of cigars.

We asked to contact the manager but was told that they could not get a hold oh him.

The next night the duty manager shows up and he basically pleads ignorance and informs us that the hotel was not responsible for the missing package. This is also after he informs us that behind the counter where the parcel was left, only employees have access to that area.

This left us with no other option but to call the authorities to investigate for this theft. The Lancaster authorities were fantastic. At this time they are still investigating this theft.

If you are looking for a miserable stay, I would highly recommend this hotel!

If you want your goods stolen, come here! we're not sure about bed bugs yet.

Room Tip: Don't use Motel 6.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Tony L
Reviewed October 6, 2011

Stayed there a few weeks ago, WORST adventure in my life! Room was damp and dungy. Bed spread and chair had too many old stains on them. Air vents had enough dust on them to keep air from flowing through. Had my parcel stolen from BEHIND the front desk. No help from manager and staff. If you have chidren stay away!!! Total health risk. There's a reason why they leave the lights on, and it's not good.

Reviewed September 11, 2011

The check in was smooth, I was placed on the 3rd floor ,which is fine. They seem very concerned with security (Requiring room key to call elevator, cameras everywhere). Upon checking into the room, I had to use the toilet and it was slow to go down to the point where it almost overflowed. Since we were leaving in a couple of hours, I figured I'd report it then. When I left (630ish on a Saturday) I smelled marijuana and reported that with the toilet issue. The front desk agent (same one who checked me in) seemed to take offense I didn't report it immediately as the maintenance man had already gone home for the evening. What would they do if someone came in at 10 PM and discovered this issue? IN any event I agreed to plunge the toilet upon my return (hey I look enough like Mario). As to the pot, he only seemed concerned because it was a non-smoking floor...I only reported it because I'd rather not have to deal with the police (who actually DID show up for an unrelated matter).

Overall: It's a cheap place to stay, if you don't mind dealing with that kind of crowd.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamsville
Red Roof Inn Buffalo Niagara Airport
SpringHill Suites Buffalo Airport
Quality Inn Buffalo Airport
Quality Inn Buffalo Airport
#20 of 22 in Cheektowaga

Been to Motel 6 Buffalo Airport? Share your experiences!