“Anniversary celebration”

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Buffalo, New York
“Anniversary celebration”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

MY wife and I visited the Red Mill on our 42 anniversary for a nice dinner. We have been going here for the last 46 years for celebrations or just a nice dinner. This was one of those times. We both had the prime rib and were very pleased. They were cooked exactly the way we ordered them. My wife's baked potato was a little hard needed to be baked more. Elizabet our server was very nice and took good care of us without rushing or forgeting about us. Overall we had a great dinner and will continue going back.

• Visited February 2014

buffalo ny
“Delicious”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

My husband and I started going to this restaurant when we were dating 25 years ago. We miss the basket of sweet breads, but everything else is still delicious.

• Visited January 2014
Buffalo, New York, United States
“Great service delicious meal, great homemade dessert options”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

My mom and I used an Amazon Local $40 on BYOB Wednesdays but corking fee was $10 even though we had a Relax Reisling which is a twist off cap. The fee is a bit much. The food was delicious and attractive. When given the starch options for her steak my mom chose broccoli risotto and it turns out it cost extra, which we were not told. They house special Hot Bacon salad dressing was yummy and different, the homemade dessert toffee/chocolate/almond thing was aMAZing! We loved our server and they refilled my water quickly (big pet peeve of mine)

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Katie N
Angola, New York
“Good memories”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

This brought back old memories of years ago. The place hasn't changed and has aged quite well for how old it really is. It's easy to be lost in all of the add on trains cars. I did miss the basket of sweet breads from years gone by but the food was still wonderful. The salad ap was cold and crisp, the strip steak was done to perfection with crab legs that snapped easily bringing out the sweet tasting crab I don't want to talk about the beans that were really aweful because the baked potato was AMAZING I don't know why it was so special but I can't seem to stop thinking about it, it was just so good. Thanks for a wonderful evening

• Visited September 2013
Buffalo, New York
“Living Social”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

My boyfriend and I had a LivingSocial coupon valued at 40.00 off if you use it Wed for BYOB night. We brought wine with us realizing it wasn’t saving us much with a $10 corking fee. I ordered the filet, blue cheese crusted ($2 extra). I chose to make it a “surf and turf” by adding on snow crab for $9 extra. The salad was small but the bacon dressing was good. The rolls didn’t come out till 30 seconds before our meals did. (At least they’re free). When my meal came out I almost laughed. My “surf and turf” was a nice looking steak, but with four tiny snow crab legs on a plate so big it made it look even smaller. Two of those legs were too small to even eat. What I got out of the other two was equivalent to two bites, using the tiny fork. I’m not kidding. I left all of the meat I could scrape out of there (the crab was so over-done it was in tiny inedible pieces) in the butter for my boyfriend to see. I cannot believe I paid $9 for one forkful of crab meat. Snow crab at that.

Our waitress was busy but attentive and chipper. She was making jokes which was endearing and the older people who were there loved it.

Building is old. Asked to sit in the caboose but it was too hot. The booth was nice.

Overall: Steak was good. Sides were okay. Crab was a joke.

• Visited July 2013