“Good Eats”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed December 12, 2012

My wife and I have been going to the Red Mill for the past 40 years, usually for special occasions. There have been changes in ownership in this period of time but the food and service is still all good quality. The prime rib is excellent and can be cut with a fork, it just melts in your mouth. All the food is of good quality and really enjoyed. The hot bacon dressing for the salad is a preference of my wife. The main dinning rooms are better than the railroad cars but a nice touch if that is what you like. A table by the fireplace can be romantic. Years ago there was a rathskellar downstairs where you could enjoy a cocktail or two and order your meal by phone and when your table was ready the hostess would come and get you. Kind of a nice idea but gone now.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

My wife and I live in nearby Lancaster,NY;this restaurant is a special treat for special occasions or just a treat.It is a mid 19th century farmhouse,now a fine restaurant specializing in prime rib.It's multiple dining rooms include two with fireplaces,and a railroad dining car that was added some years ago.Despite the name,yoiu cannot stay overnight here;perhaps years ago you could.The owner usually greets you;he is friendly,enthusiastic,and witty. Our waitress this time (and once before) was Beth.The walls are decorated with old farm implement antiques,in honor of the place's past history.

1  Thank Paddlervet
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We arrived about 30 minutes early for our reservation to have dinner with some of my family. The hostess said our table was already for us so we did get early service to which was great. Our waitress was unaware of the uneven tables because we had a party of 8 and tables put together, so there was a minor incidence of some spilled milk, lol which of course is funny because of the old saying. She was quick to think and remedied the problem immediately, so but names fail me so I don't recall hers. The food was good I wouldn't say spectacular, but it was good. My whole family had chose the Thanksgiving special, and enjoyed it, the turkey was very good, the potatoes good though I could have made better. Now that, that is said I do also have issue with handicap access. I am surprised that the department for handicap awareness hasn't stepped in. The doors to the restaurant were a tad struggling but not to bad since I was using a walker & not a wheelchair. However the bathroom that was a whole other story. The bathroom door extremely slender barely fit through it without using my walker, and the stall was even smaller. I would go there again but not if I should be confined back to a wheelchair again. I gotta know I can access a bathroom.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Had an excellent dinner for two. Appetizer was enough for 2 or 3 people. Hot bacon House Dressing HAD bacon!! The Waiter was extremely attentive, as we helped our friends celebrate their 35th wedding Anniversary. Even on the way out they were being congradulated by the staff. Delicious food served promptly. Presentation was nicely done. Dinner for 2 included Apetizer to be split; salad, entree (choice of 6) and dessert to be split, all for Forty dollars. Better than yet more expensive than Applebees : ) but worth it!

2  Thank DRSexton
Reviewed October 20, 2012

This restaurant is not handicap accesible. Never thought to ask when i made the reservation, when our party of 11 arrived the hostess was very smug almost thought it was funny that they were not. Our waiter was very nice. But i will never go back. After dealing with a broken ankle for the past 4 weeks it has opened my eyes to how hard it is for people to deal with a handicap.There is no reason this restaurant cant improve the access into there establishment.