“Hampton With Character”

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Williamsville
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Hampton With Character”
Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

This is a great hotel! The rooms were exceptionally clean and spacious; the staff was warm and welcoming.

I assume that this property is a new acquisition by The Hilton Group, as the decor and furnishings are obviously older; however, my room (323) was well-maintained and charming. It felt like I was staying for an evening at my stylish grandmother's house-charming!

FYI: The hotel is undergoing renovations; however, my impression was that the staff did there best to keep the enhancements as non-intrusive as possible to guests.

• Stayed February 2013
tcurtin, General Manager at Hampton Inn Buffalo-Williamsville, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear ChachaXIV,
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor.
Myself and my team take great pride in the job that we do every day. It is always our #1 priority to exceed every guest's expectations.
We have actually been in the Hilton Family for almost 11 years now and we are very excited this spring to be completing some lobby and public area renovations.
Should your travels bring you back to the area, I hope that we can see you again. We are hoping to be finished by the beginning of March.
Again, please accept not only my appreciation for your business but also for reviewing us.
Have a wonderful rest of the week.
Tracy Curtin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 12, 2013

This might be the best Hampton Inn around. The hotel, although currently undergoing renovations in the lobby area, is nicely sized and convenient to the airport. The rooms are great - good sized, comfortable and clean. Breakfast is at the better end of the Hampton range. The staff is unparalleled in thier courtesy and helpfulness. Rates were reasonable for the area. Management sent out follow up emails thanking me for the business and inviting me back. All in all a very well run hotel that I will definitely stay at again on future trips to the Buffalo area.

Room Tip: ask to get upgraded to a whirlpool room. If you have Hilton status you will probably get it. They...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear rantoday,
WOW, what a wonderful review.... you made my week.
Thank you for appreciating our staff and housekeeping services who always try to exceed our guests expectations. If there is anything else you can think of to make your next stay with us exceptional please contact us any time. We are expecting our renovation to be over at the end of February, so this upcoming Spring our hotel should be exceeding guests expectations! We look forward to seeing you soon, and thank you again for your response!

Wheeling, West Virginia, United States
Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

In all my travels I always look forward to the Hampton Inn. This hotel is completing a renovation and they have done an amazing job. The rooms are great, lots of space to move around. The Wifi was very fast, and easy to contact to. The staff was very nice and professional. Breakfast was your typical Hamptin Inn breakfast, awesome! The only negative I have is if you are a motorcoach driver like myself, the parking lot is a driving test. The hotel is located downtown and there is no room to navigate through the lot. I got lucky and there weren't many cars there. So enjoy your stay here, and make sure you come hungry to breakfast.

• Stayed February 2013
Tracy H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Buffalo-Williamsville, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear DruH,
I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent review of the Hampton Inn Williamsville. We appreciate all the feedback we get from our guests. It keeps us always striving to do the best that we can do everyday with the product that we provide and the service that our guests receive.
It's been an exciting few months for us with our renovations and we are looking for ward to sharing our new Lobby and Dining Room with our guests next month.
Hopefully your travels will bring you back to the area and we will see you again
If there is ever anything that I can do for you please dont hesitate to contact me directly.
Have a wonderful day.
Delevan
Reviewed January 9, 2013

There were 12 of us in 4 rooms to celebrate my grandson's birthday, which is January 2. With a birthday so close to Christmas, he misses out on the camping adventures of 2 of his brothers, and the Easter time Florida birthday of his 3rd brother. So, we packed up the crew, cupcakes, and goodies and drove to Buffalo to stay in a nice suite, order pizza and enjoy the pool and hot tub.
The hotel rooms were beautiful, most of us had suites on the 4th floor, with whirlpool tubs, dishwashers and pillow top beds. This was a big surprise for him....we plan on maybe going back next year.

Room Tip: the 4th floor suites are huge and AWESOME for a special treat
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
tcurtin, General Manager at Hampton Inn Buffalo-Williamsville, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear Alexomalley,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay on trip advisor.
We always pride our self's on the product we have, and the employees who make the Hampton Inn Williamsville the highly rated hotel it is in the Western New York area.
I am glad that we were able to make your grandson's birthday that little bit more special. Happy Birthday!

Should your travels bring you to stay in the area again, we hope to see you.
Thanks again and Happy New Year to you and your family.
Ohio City, Ohio
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I have been a frequent visitor fat this property for many years and I agree with all the positive reviews. The location, the staff, the friendliness, and commitment to making your stay a very pleasant one is there. However as a Diamond level Hilton I see many properties during the year, consequently I have seen the evolution of the Hampton concept across the country, thus from this point of,view the property is starting to look a bit tired and in need of some cosmetic updates that would bring it up to par to the new Hampton Inn concept. The decor has remained with a French flavor too long and it's wearing off. Please know that your stay will be pleasant and you will enjoy every minute and the staff will go out of their way to make it possible, thus my comments are more for management so that they do not loose their advantage in the near future, as competition is coming. For starter the carpet and wall paper could use an upgrade to bring it out of the old French to the new French, lighting is starting to feel a bit out of place. I will continue to come but would welcome an up lift for a this tiered gem.

Room Tip: If your room faces the street side you might be bother by the lights in the parking lot.Asking for a...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
tcurtin, General Manager at Hampton Inn Buffalo-Williamsville, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us. We are always glad to hear from our guests and we really appreciate your input as a valued HHonors member. We agree the look and feel of our rooms and common areas could use a refresh and we will take your comments under consideration as we look towards steps to improve our guest experience. Our Lobby, Breakfast room and public space is actually under renovation as we speak. So your next visit you will see our New Look. We look forward to having you back and hearing your thoughts as we make these exciting changes. Thank you again.
Tracy
Toronto
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We have been travelling to the Buffalo area for years, always electiung to stay in the Amherst area near the University of Buffalo. It seems we did not travel quite far enough. Five minutes further to land in the heart of Williamsville. The Hampton Inn is plunked at the edge of a residential area. Main Street is like being in Anytown, USA. Unique shops and places to eat, all walkable, weather permitting. Our trip was a weekend getaway and Christmas shopping.

Perhaps the most inviting part of this hotel is the VERY friendly staff at the front desk. We were at the hotel for two night, and were always greeted when we left and when we returned to the hotel. The lobby is smaller, but inviting, and we felt as if we were coming home rather than to a hotel room.

Some of the flooring is showing its age, but the hotel and our room was clean. I can honestly say with no hesitation, this will now be the only place we consider on our treks to the Buffalo area, at least for the foreseeable future.

The Hampton Inn in Williamsville offers location, friendly staff, and clean rooms. A winning combination for us.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear gcameron,
I just read your review of my hotel on trip advisor and I am thrilled that you had such a nice experience with us during your most recent trip to Buffalo. We have been in the village for over 10 years now and it is such a charming location. Its wonderful when we make such a great impression on a guest and that is our #1 goal with every guest. My entire staff does such a great job and they really take pride in their job and the service they provide to our guests. It definitely shows.
I will proudly pass your comments onto my staff. Thanks again for your wonderful review and we look forward to having you stay with us your next trip to the area.
Have a wonderful holiday season.
Canada
Reviewed November 19, 2012

My friends and I stayed here for 2 nights, we booked 2 rooms. Great location for shopping in Williamsville & Galleria Mall ~ quiet & quaint after a busy day. The front desk staff were friendly and extremely helpful ~ we needed a corkscrew no problem ~ did we also need glasses? yes ~ no problem ~ now that's service! we asked about restaurants within walking distance ~ Jim not only gave us choices/descriptions but offered to make reservations. Great coffee, good breakfast, clean rooms and clean hotel overall. We will stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
tcurtin, General Manager at Hampton Inn Buffalo-Williamsville, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
It is great to hear that you had a first class stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We hope you will come back and visit us soon!
Warm regards,
Tracy Curtin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamsville
Wyndham Garden Buffalo Williamsville
Hyatt Place Buffalo / Amherst
Salvatore's Grand Hotel
Salvatore's Grand Hotel
#1 of 12 in Williamsville
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Buffalo - Amherst
Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo-Amherst
Hampton Inn & Suites Buffalo Airport

Been to Hampton Inn Buffalo-Williamsville? Share your experiences!