“What a gem!”

Hampton Inn Buffalo-Williamsville
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Williamsville
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We have been travelling to the Buffalo area for years, always electiung to stay in the Amherst area near the University of Buffalo. It seems we did not travel quite far enough. Five minutes further to land in the heart of Williamsville. The Hampton Inn is plunked at the edge of a residential area. Main Street is like being in Anytown, USA. Unique shops and places to eat, all walkable, weather permitting. Our trip was a weekend getaway and Christmas shopping.

Perhaps the most inviting part of this hotel is the VERY friendly staff at the front desk. We were at the hotel for two night, and were always greeted when we left and when we returned to the hotel. The lobby is smaller, but inviting, and we felt as if we were coming home rather than to a hotel room.

Some of the flooring is showing its age, but the hotel and our room was clean. I can honestly say with no hesitation, this will now be the only place we consider on our treks to the Buffalo area, at least for the foreseeable future.

The Hampton Inn in Williamsville offers location, friendly staff, and clean rooms. A winning combination for us.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
tcurtin, General Manager at Hampton Inn Buffalo-Williamsville, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Dear gcameron,
I just read your review of my hotel on trip advisor and I am thrilled that you had such a nice experience with us during your most recent trip to Buffalo. We have been in the village for over 10 years now and it is such a charming location. Its wonderful when we make such a great impression on a guest and that is our #1 goal with every guest. My entire staff does such a great job and they really take pride in their job and the service they provide to our guests. It definitely shows.
I will proudly pass your comments onto my staff. Thanks again for your wonderful review and we look forward to having you stay with us your next trip to the area.
Have a wonderful holiday season.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

My friends and I stayed here for 2 nights, we booked 2 rooms. Great location for shopping in Williamsville & Galleria Mall ~ quiet & quaint after a busy day. The front desk staff were friendly and extremely helpful ~ we needed a corkscrew no problem ~ did we also need glasses? yes ~ no problem ~ now that's service! we asked about restaurants within walking distance ~ Jim not only gave us choices/descriptions but offered to make reservations. Great coffee, good breakfast, clean rooms and clean hotel overall. We will stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
tcurtin, General Manager at Hampton Inn Buffalo-Williamsville, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,
It is great to hear that you had a first class stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We hope you will come back and visit us soon!
Warm regards,
Tracy Curtin

Reviewed October 28, 2012

We started our stay at the Cheektowaga location. Two hours and 3 busloads of kids sports' teams later, we moved to the Williamsville location. What a world of difference. The setting is almost residential, although on Main St. Lots of nice shops and good restaurants within walking distance. Best of all, QUIET. Easy to get from to everywhere. Would stay again and again. Great staff too.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
tcurtin, General Manager at Hampton Inn Buffalo-Williamsville, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

Dear dianeoh1950,
Thank you for taking to time to write a review on Trip Advisor. We really do have a great location and a great staff and we love it when we can give a new guest a great experience.
Should your travels bring you back to the area, we hope to see you again.
I will pass your comments onto my team.
Thanks again for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

We have been staying at this hotel for a number of years and always find the rooms and rest of the hotel clean and well organized. The staff is the friendliest we have found anywhere and the entire experience is always postive and enjoyable.

Room Tip: the King suites are a little more expense but the extra room, simulated fireplace and hottubs are wo...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear JByard,
First I would like to thank you for your loyalty to my hotel. I know there are lots of places to stay in the area, and I appreciate you choosing my property for your visits.
The entire staff here takes great pride in the job that we do everyday and taking care of our guests is always our #1 priority.
I hope we get to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area.
Thanks again for your feedback and business.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

I travel frequently on business and work hard to be budget minded balanced with no "crunchy carpet" (if you get my drift). This property was excellent from the moment I walked in. Friendly greeting, speedy and attentive at the front desk. Brittany was very helpful trying to find out my purpose for visiting and thus being better able to help me. She created her own review sheet of restaurants within walking and driving distance and gave me a copy. I ended up choosing a different restaurant (Kabab & Curry - the best Indian food I've had!!!) but her effort was appreciated. The room was clean and well appointed. Check out in the AM was again friendly and helpful. The breakfast was one of the best hotel breakfasts I've had. Good selection, fresh and nice room.

I definitely recommend this property as long as they keep doing what they are doing!

Room Tip: I had room 308 and although next to the elevator I did not hear it
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
tcurtin, General Manager at Hampton Inn Buffalo-Williamsville, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Dear jpscoffee,
just read your review of my hotel on trip advisor and I am thrilled that you had such a nice experience with us during your most recent trip to Buffalo. We have been in the village for over 9 years now and it is such a charming location. Its always exciting when we have new guests stumple across us and we can exceed their expectations. Its wonderful when we make such a great impression on a guest and that is our #1 goal with every guest. Brittaney has been with a short time, but she is a natural and we have truely enjoyed having her on staff. She has made great connections with a lot of our guests and has quickly become a great asset for us. Paula and Carolyn do a great job in the dining room and we have really tried to focus on breakfast and give the best possible variety that we can.
Have a wonderful weekend and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

We stayed one night and were able to explore historic Williamsville, it was awesome. The room was nice with available parking. We were close to everything. I thought it was a little pricey for a two bed standard room though. Breakfast was ample with many choices. All in all it was a comfortable stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank surta7
Tracy H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Buffalo-Williamsville, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Dear surta7,
Thank you for taking the time to rate my hotel on trip advisor. Exceeding every guests expectations is what we strive to do every day and it sounds like you had a wonderful experience during your recent stay with us.
We have a wonderful location in such a charming little village with great amenities that you can just walk too.
Should your travels bring you back to the area, I hope that we will see you again.
Thanks again and have a great week.
Tracy Curtin

Reviewed September 24, 2012

A warm welcome from most helpful staff. The parking outside the hotel is large so no problems with spaces.
It is in a quiet location but within easy walking distance of shops, cafes (Starbucks next door!) and some good restaurants nearby.
The rooms were of a high standard and very comfortable. The suites were large and had adjoining doors for family occupancy. These rooms have a simple kitchen area in addition to a the normal lounge area. The en-suite bathroom is fitted with a Jacuzzi.
The breakfast was unfortunately rather basic. The pre-cooked omelettes gave no choice and really it was more a continental breakfast with limited selection.
The staff in reception really went the extra mile to help out - I was expecting a parcel to arrive and they were extremely helpful in locating it.
There is a courtesy bus to and from the airport and will run at a time convenient to the guest if it is not otherwise required.
All in all a great base from which to explore Niagara and the up State New York from a homely and most comfortable hotel.

Room Tip: Try for an upgrade to a suite
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Resource_Inspector
Thank you for taking the time to rate my hotel during your recent stay at the Hampton Inn Williamsville. I take great pride when a guest has a truely enjoyable stay with us and I enjoy passing the comments onto my team. We do have a great location and with the beautiful weather we had this weekend, I am glad you were able to get out and enjoy the village.
Thanks again for your business and I hope to see you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamsville
Wyndham Garden Buffalo Williamsville
Hyatt Place Buffalo / Amherst
Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo-Amherst
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Buffalo - Amherst
The Reikart House
The Reikart House
#6 of 17 in Amherst

Been to Hampton Inn Buffalo-Williamsville? Share your experiences!