“Pizza with a Twist”
Review of Pizza Plant - CLOSED

Pizza Plant
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Reviewed August 22, 2012

The pizza pods at Pizza Plant are really great. The salad needs a little more dark greens in it and they need to be more generous with the dressings and sauces for the pods. The staff are friendly and fairly efficient. The prices are fair and there is a wide variety to chose from.

Reviewed June 5, 2012

Pods are awesome, great beer selection. An institution.

Reviewed April 19, 2012

You might remember seeing these guys from their zany photo-shopped advertisements that can compete only with Mighty Taco in their odd randomness.
I am a pizza lover, and Pizza Plant delivers the goods when it comes to delicious, yet unconventional pie. Their specialties are inside-out pizzas, called pods (think of a calzone shaped like a giant deflated football that comes with marinara on the side). My favorite, though is the stuffed pizza (a deep dish pizza that has the cheese and toppings between two layers of dough, with the sauce on top). Handcut pepperoni chunks are my favorite topping (or stuffing I guess). There are humungous bread bowl salads, nachos, pastas, soups, and numerous vegetarian options.
Even if the food was atrocious (which it is definitely not) I would go strictly for their selections of microbrews. The owners were the first in the area to truly push the idea of drinking small batch, craft brewed beer of all styles. They sell $50 "Draft Cards", which get you 15 (if I'm not mistaken) pints/glasses of draft beer from their rotating selection of unique, sometimes hard-to-find beers. Their new Transit/Sheridan Rd. location pushes to envelope even further, with more taps and more of a beer theme in general.

One thing I take issue with and that left a very sour taste in my mouth...on my last visit, I ordered a wheat dough pod with soy cheese, soy sausage, and peppers as I had recently adopted a temporary vegan diet and came because I knew they had vegan options. There was no pod on the menu that was vegan unless you got a veggie with no cheese, so I had to build my own. Total price for this pod though was $24....which is INSANE! Their reasoning was: soy cheese is really expensive. So is real cheese and quality pepperoni...I'm not buying that explanation. Especially while other pods on the menu filled with many ingredients are around $10. Perhaps the owners could create a vegan friendly pod that is around $15 (still expensive but at least reasonable for what you're getting) so that segment of customer can feel catered to instead of ripped off. It's not like they can't figure out a way to jam it onto their menu, which is one of the most cluttered, ridiculous menus I've ever seen in my life. I can just picture Gordon Ramsey completely flipping out while trying to read it.

Reviewed April 13, 2012

I went here with some friends for lunch and they had some really good food and good, quick service to go along with it. They had a variety of options on the menu from pizza and salads to subs and sandwiches. I made my own "pod" which was a huge calzone. It was very good. Everyone enjoyed what they ordered. I will definitely go here again.

Reviewed March 29, 2012

This was my first time at this restaurant and it was just ok. We waited a very long time to get seated,there was 2 people ahead of us. We could see many empty tables but know one came to tell us or the couple in front of us anything. We were just getting ready to leave when someone finally showed up to seat all of us. Then we waited for the waitress,then we waited for the food. We tried the pods,they were just ok nothing special,not worth the wait. We also waited for our bill. They were not real busy but it was very loud with a lot of noise.