See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 21, 2011

BEWARE. The rate was increased from the confirmed rate of $84/ night to $94/night (plus a dollar added for a safe we did not want). Service at the front desk was surly on check in, uncooperative later when we asked to fix our phone, and the next day made racial comments after the guests checking out before us left. The hotel inside is tattered and worn. The room was small, amenities sparse. Almost any other place would be better.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank ron f
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Anyone reading the reviews of this hotel has to be confused, given the wild disparity among them. (Rats and cockroaches! The best place since the Waldorf!) Since we wanted to suggest this hotel as a budget option for an upcoming event, we decided to see for ourselves.

We arrived very late (nearly midnight); the desk clerk was not much into smiling but did her job efficiently and without fuss. The room itself was quite small, fitting snugly around the queen bed. A window seat added some room; unfortunately, the seat fabric was old and a bit stained. The carpet was clean, but worn. The bathroom was spare, but clean, and a modern style curved shower curtain bar had been installed.

The bed itself was way too tired and soft for our taste, but I suspect that when it was new the mattress was a premium one; I've experienced much much worse in the tired mattress department. (We slept fine for one night; two would have left us a bit achey; three or more would be a problem. Your mileage may vary.) I found the shower-head unexpectedly nice (I like a good strong spray), and hot water showed up timely.

We managed to wake up late, just as breakfast was being put away, but from what I could see it was the expected: a waffle machine, cereal, toast and a toaster, coffee, juice. If they had had fruit it was gone by the time we got there.

So, what's the bottom line? It's a bed, toilet, and shower. We had a perfectly functional and adequate stay. I can't call this Microtel a good value at the rack rate of $90-ish, but if you can get a block or discount rate that brings it down to $60-$70 it would be an OK stay.

Oh, and yes, we're suggesting this hotel as the budget option for our event.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2011

Feel I need to warn people of this place. My husband made a reservation over the phone, was informed of the rate $109.00/night. Upon arrival we were told it was $199.00/night. BIG difference. We were then told WE were wrong, we made the error and were treated very very rudely!!!! Being the 4th of July weekend we didn't have any options to go elsewhere. So we paid the ridiculous price, went to the assigned room only to be met with an extreme smell of urine!! It was so strong I didn't even have to step foot into the room to smell it.
When we went back to the desk to inform them I overheard other customers having issues with rates as well. When we were finally assigned a new room I was disgusted with the state it was in. Dirty (nail clippings on bathroom counter, dirty carpet), torn wallpaper, damaged furniture and very outdated. I did consider sleeping in my car for the night! No kidding!!!
Upon arrival back to Buffalo we called for the shuttle to come pick us up at the airport. I was told it would be 20 minutes. After an hour and 3 calls to the hotel the shuttle FINALLY arrived without as much as an apology for the wait.

I am warning people to NOT stay here! It is dirty, the service is very rude, unreliable, over priced and smelly!! RUN RUN RUN in the other direction!!!!

Date of stay: July 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank rabadabs
Reviewed August 1, 2011

I picked this place because it was on our route. our room was bigger than the breakfast area. They are understaffed. Trash overflowing, food gone, mismanagement of the resources they have. Keep driving!

1  Thank Fluff_Huzzmeyer