“One of the best steaks I have ever had!”
Review of Russell's Steaks

Russell's Steaks
Reserve with OpenTable
Russell's Steaks is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 161 Restaurants in Williamsville
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Freeman Rd
Description: 60 years of experience has all come together for owner Russell Salvatore, the consumate Dining Room Host. Specializing in steaks and a vibrant bar scene, Russ is always present to greet his guests and make sure everything is perfect. If its not? It will be by the time you leave, He guarantees it. Russ together with Mark Jerge, & Robert Bingel assures you will not find a more dedicated team to creating the perfect night for you.
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I have had the change to eat at Russell’s a few times and it is by far the best filet I have ever eaten. On this occasion my companion and I did the dinner for two and each had the 6oz. filet as our entrée. We had the option to upgrade the size of the filet but decided not to since we had so much food coming. Our meal for two came with a soup or salad for each of us as well as a dessert at the end of the meal. We ordered two appetizers for the table, calamari and bruschetta and both were very good. I chose a chop salad as my salad and it was delicious, loved the avocado in there. The filets were perfectly cooked and just melted in your mouth, truly the best in Buffalo and I have had them all. We chose to upgrade our side dishes to the lobster mac & cheese which was so decadent with some nice sized chunks of lobster meat in there, I could have licked the bowl. For dessert we each got the trio of crème brulee, it seems like the flavors change and this evening we had vanilla, chocolate and strawberry. Vanilla was my favorite of the three and I would have preferred a little more surface area to get more of that caramelized top but it was still pretty good. We had a wonderful meal with exceptional service and I can’t wait for the opportunity to go back.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

My wife and I have been thinking about going to Russell’s for some time. We enjoy fine dining and are always looking to try new places. When I received a gift certificate it seemed the perfect time to try Russell’s, I will say it was the first and last. It took us two weeks to secure a reservation, upon arriving we were told that we had a 20 minute wait before our table was ready. The owner is standing next to the reservations desk and tends to welcome questions. Be careful when asking questions as you will be directed to another area with a very condescending tone from the owner. My suggestion to the Owner would be not to stand in an area that invites the questions he clearly does not want to answer. At the reservation desk they did not know how many people were in our party, why did we make the reservation? The wait staff and bar tender were top rate; they were willing to please in any way. Our dinner was less than desirable. For appetizers we had parmesan oysters and the Alaska King Crab dip, both disappointing. The oysters were over powered by the cheese and the crab dip was lacking flavor. For Diner my wife had the poached salmon that she enjoyed but not outstanding. I had the filet with goat cheese. This was over powered by the goat cheese and the steak had no taste other than the cheese. The waiter as well as advertisement state Russell’s is known for steak while the filet is tender is has no flavor, something one would expect from a “Steak House”. The menu is ala carte and pricey. If you are looking for a good Steak dinner I would suggest the Black and Blue in Amherst, Red Osier in Stafford, or Alex’s Place in Batavia to name a few.

3  Thank Darryl D
Reviewed December 24, 2012

We just had the chance to eat at Russells Dec,24th 2012. This was one of the best dining out meals I have ever had. The steak was huge and perfect, atmosphere was great, wait staff outstanding. Dessert was out of this world. Russell was even in the building the whole evening. The 3 course meal was only $39. If you havent been here, plan your next trip to Russells and stay at Salvators (it is attached). You wont be dissapointed in any way.

1  Thank jamesjcw
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Two years ago, we went the Canada vs Russia junior hockey game and decided to stay the night in Buffalo. The hotel we stayed in suggested we visit Russells for dinner, and wow what a great choice. They offer a three course dinner for $39. I had the rack of lamb and my hubby had the steak. The portions were more than ample and the meal was delicious. The atmosphere was quaint but lively. Since that visit we have visited Russells two more times and we have not been disappointed. This last time we stayed in the hotel, and we were once again wowed! The ambiance, the elegant comfort, were fabulous. For under $200 we had a beautiful king jacuzzi room, the three course dinner and a buffet breakfast. Definitely the best kept secret!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Perfect is the only word to describe the dining experience at this restaurant! Food, service, ambiance! PERFECT!